I'm a recent graduate who landed an interview with PIMCO, what should I expect from the interview and how should I prepare? I've read that PIMCO interviews are very intense and I'm a bit nervous.
Here is the job description and requirements:
We are seeking an individual with an orientation toward superior client service who will be responsible for providing mutual fund statistical support in a demanding, fast-paced environment. Daily responsibilities include maintaining mutual fund performance, creating statistical reports, responding to questionnaires, addressing intermediate and advanced mutual fund questions, and providing occasional shareholder services phone support. This position requires frequent interaction with individuals in Account Management, Product Management, and other investment professionals at PIMCO. It also requires interaction with external parties, including mutual fund clients, consultants, and other external investment professionals.
* Produce regular and ad hoc mutual fund performance and statistics reports
* Respond to recurring and ad hoc requests for information from internal and external parties
* Maintain and update intranet and Internet document postings
* Provide data feeds to and monitor external data service providers, including Morningstar, Lipper, S&P, and Reuters
* Comply with legal and procedural guidelines
* Assist with requests for proposals (RFPs)
* Bachelors degree, preferably in economics, finance, or other business-related field; MBA, CFA, or active status in either program is a plus
* Strong working knowledge of the financial markets preferred
* Ability to consistently produce accurate, high quality results with a strong attention to detail
* Strong client service orientation
* Strong project/time management skills; ability to meet deadlines while managing several projects simultaneously
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to work well in a team environment
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
* Successful completion of the PIMCO math and Excel test
. Series Iicensing 6 and 63 are required, candiate will have to obtain the 7 within 3 months.