Hedge Fund Interview Course

• 814 questions across 165 hedge funds. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 members.
  • 11 Detailed Sample Pitches and 10+ hours of video.
  • Trusted by over 1,000 aspiring hedge fund professionals just like you.

Comments (68)

Sep 1, 2020 - 2:54pm

Just looking on Glassdoor, the past timelines varied from 2-6 weeks, all the way to 2-3 months. The good news is, interviewees appear to have had positive offers at both ends of the timeline spectrum, so wait time is likely not always an indicator of fit at PIMCO. I'm also waiting for a Superday invite and took my round 1 interview last week*.

*Edited: When glancing at google calendar, I mistook an event for an interview and misreported when I took my interview. It was really 1 week before this post, not 4. I've had quite a few interviews so the time frames all start to blur together.

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
Sep 9, 2020 - 5:45pm

Close with someone who went through the whole process, got the SA 20, got the return offer. All of you can relax a bit. They take a loooong time. Very thorough int heir process. Don't recall the time frame from app to hireview. Several weeks from hireview to email letting him know he was selected for Super Day. Super Day was several weeks after the email. Killed it on Super Day and waited.....5 weeks to hear back, Heavily networked ahead of Super Day to get a feel and was actually told prior to Super Day not to get wigged out if he doesn't hear anything for 4 - 6 weeks. That's what they do. At least they're consistent. 

Anyway. Great company. Awesome internship (even though it was virtual). Classy firm!

Good luck to everyone!

• Intern in IB - Gen
Sep 23, 2020 - 11:14pm

I don't think I ever got a HireVue for them? Do they do HireVues for credit?

Oct 2, 2020 - 1:07pm

hirevue, it says on the email its a first round tho

Array

Oct 23, 2020 - 10:20am

Does anyone have a superday for alt credit?

Array

Oct 26, 2020 - 4:26pm

For all you folks on the thread...don't sweat it. I know from watching this unfold for a person very close to me that they have their process and take a long time to follow up. His internship follow up after superday took about 5 weeks (and he got the offer). In fact the people he networked with told him "not to worry if he didn't hear anything for about a month as that's normal here". 

I know it's hard to relax but just relax.

Nov 1, 2020 - 5:58pm

Anybody hear back from the Alt Credit superday on Friday?

Array

• Prospect in AM - Other
Nov 1, 2020 - 6:09pm

I did the superday on Wednesday and haven't heard anything... Let's keep each other posted? Also how was your superday

Nov 4, 2020 - 9:24am

anyone hear back from private credit superday?

Array

• Intern in HF - Other
Dec 7, 2020 - 9:33am

Does anyone know if PIMCO actually limits the hours that interns work to 40/wk? That's what I've heard but don't know if I buy it

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

July 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (36) $363
  • Associates (210) $232
  • 2nd Year Analyst (121) $152
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (28) $146
  • Intern/Summer Associate (102) $144
  • 1st Year Analyst (449) $132
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (358) $82