Assume the following:
- $50M fundraising target.
- $8M GP commit
- GP raises another $10M independently.
- Excellent , but GP hasn't deployed much historically, meaning good chance of strategic drift.
- Emerging manager.
- Is this too small for any reputable placement agent to get involved?
- Expected fee structure?
- GP commit is above average (I think?) based on Preqin but no clue how accurate that data is. Thoughts?
- Better to raise a small $25M fund and resolve potential worries about strategic drift, then start raising a subsequent fund quickly?