Prepping for Full Time 2023 Recruiting

I am a junior with a SA in EB/ top MM investment bank, but not in IBD. looking to transfer to NYC IB for full time. I was hit by a car last spring which ended my NYC recruiting (withdrew due to health - pretty serious and spent a week in the hospital).

What are the ways I can demonstrate interest in groups/firms right now to prep for FT recruiting?

I have stayed in contact with around a dozen alumni in three groups at JPM/C/BAML. Had my resume sent around and my contacts are connecting me with their peers not in my network (thinking this is a good indicator). There are two groups with I would really like to be in (JPM RIB and Citi Industrials due to culture and fit) but clearly I can't just focus on these two with how few FT spots there are. I also did Citi Early ID and three JPM early insights program (don't think that will help much).

Hoping to attend O4U business this year which I hear massively helps with full time recruitment.

My try to make a trip to NYC to meet in person with people. Do you think this will help? 

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (3)

Nov 21, 2021 - 8:15pm

what you are doing is good so far but be wary about expressing interest in full time recruiting too early. Unless you are close with someone and they are cool with knowing that you want to leave your SA role, just keep a good network and reach out to people 2-3 weeks into hitting the desk

• Intern in IB - Cov
Nov 21, 2021 - 9:20pm

I see. What are the concerns about expressing interest too early? Is it mainly that the firm which I am going to SA might find out and disapprove, or that the groups I'm looking at would be wary of recruiting someone who did not "give their SA firm a fair shake"?

Nov 21, 2021 - 11:06pm

Voluptas neque est alias ea. Qui libero sequi quos dolorum sed aut sit. Consequatur dolorem aut et quia eum in.

Ab voluptatem eveniet aperiam dignissimos et. Ex rem ab veritatis veritatis tenetur id voluptatem. Consequatur voluptas veritatis mollitia voluptas velit est.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

December 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (40) $360
  • Associates (236) $235
  • 2nd Year Analyst (145) $156
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (34) $154
  • Intern/Summer Associate (107) $146
  • 1st Year Analyst (515) $136
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (396) $84