Private Equity Lawyers
Note: I don't want to hear that I made a mistake going to law school lol. I'm comfortable with my decision and I have no interest in working in high finance in a technical capacity, but I do have an interest in working in high finance in a legal capacity.
Making this thread because I see a lot of lawyers working in Private Equity as Counsel and there seems to be a lack of information on how to break into these jobs.
Questions for Private Equity Lawyers (Specifically those that work for private equity or are doing secondment at a PE Firm)
- Is there a pathway to work for a PE firm without firm experience?
- Have you seen a PE firm take summer students for legal work?
- What type of work do you actually do on a daily basis? Is it similar to the in-firm work?
- Is the pay similar to in-house exit opportunities?
- What made you go from firm work to in-house at a PE Firm?
- For those that left, What made you leave Private equity?