'Tis the season... Saw MultipleExpansion.com just released new article, and reposting relevant parts here:
1. Making a good early impression within your banking group is key (better staffings, recommendations to firms, & help with headhunters)
2. Talk to older analysts who have been through the process
3. Ask for old modeling templates and tests (PE firms recycle modeling tests)
4. Practice modeling before your interviews -- tough to catch up at the end
5. Prepare for the soft questions (tell me about yourself, etc.).
6. If you have multiple options, pay attention to the firm culture signals.
What else you got? Know there are a lot of recruiting threads on here, but monkeys, add your tips below.