Product Groups (LevFin, SPG, DCM) Comp 2019/2020

I'm looking for comp figures of product banking (Leveraged Finance, Structured Finance/Securitization/Securitized Products Group, Restructuring, Debt Capital Markets, Equity Capital Markets etc..) groups. Please don't provide coverage/industry groups, as there are several other threads where that dominates the discussion. I'm mostly looking for credit/debt related groups at tier 1 BB firms such as Structured Finance to be specific, but will like to see other product group figures as well. So feel free to post. Please list them in a similar format to the below:

Title: i.e. A1/2/3, Ao1/2/3, etc..

Bank type: i.e MM/BB/EB etc..

Bank Rank: i.e. Top/middle/bottom

Group: i.e. Lev Fin, Str Fin/Securitization, DCM, LevFin etc...

Group Rank: i.e. Top/middle/bottom

Individual Rank: Top/middle/bottom

Salary:

Bonus (and % cash):

Please note if you're not in a high cost of living US City (NY, SF, LA, Jersey City, Chicago, etc).

Thanks,

Mr. E

Comments (37)

Oct 10, 2020 - 11:08am

When I said major cities, I meant cities that are at the top COL in the country. Jersey City, (hoboken as well) and NYC are in an identical pay band due to similar COL with the likes of SanFran, LA, etc...

AKA a position there pays the same as in NY. I know this from personal experience at a leading asset manager, Big 4, and broker-dealer. I'm of the mind that the same probably goes for banks if they've set up FO teams there.

Oct 10, 2020 - 1:27am

From friend of mine from a year or two ago, Associate 2 LevFin, 155k base, 125k bonus, 280k total comp, non-nyc office. Hope that helps. 

Money can purchase freedom, if you have the guts to buy it

• Analyst 1 in IB - Gen
Oct 11, 2020 - 10:04am

In reality, product group comp is generally the same as coverage group comp across the ANL and ASO levels. Might see a slight discount at the VP level for DCM/ECM, with LevFin in line with coverage groups. 

• Analyst 3+ in IB - Gen
Oct 12, 2020 - 9:12am

2nd yr ANL in ECM at bottom tier BB

$90k Base

$70k bonus

My buddies in coverage all got around 70 bonus as well, some 75.

Worth noting this was reportedly down ~20% from last year's numbers - we got dragged down by other areas of the bank

Start Discussion

Popular Content See all

What would you name your MM Bank?
+33OFFby 1st Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Mergers and Acquisitions">Analyst 1 in IB-M&A
What are your thoughts on living in SF?
+23IBby Prospective Monkey in Investment Banking - Mergers and Acquisitions">Prospect in IB-M&A
I farted and my coworker smelled it
+19OFFby 1st Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Industry/Coverage">Analyst 1 in IB - Ind

Total Avg Compensation

November 2020 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (18) $713
  • Vice President (52) $334
  • Associates (272) $228
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (39) $161
  • 2nd Year Analyst (153) $153
  • Intern/Summer Associate (140) $140
  • 1st Year Analyst (593) $130
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (567) $82

Leaderboard See all

LonLonMilk's picture