I was hoping to get some feedback on my profile and some suggestions as to which MSc Finance programs I might have a chance at being admitted.
- BSc from the top business school in Norway (the first year of my degree was taken at a less prestigious institution)
- Current GPA: 4.37/5 (in the Norwegian grading scale), corresponds to ~3.5/4 in the American scale
- Expected to graduate with an overall GPA of ~4.5/5 (3.6/4)
- I have yet to take the GMAT, but expect a result in the range of 700-730
- Member of my school's finance group
- No finance-related work experience (only a couple of summers working in a S&L bank)
- Have taken several courses in mathematics (linear algebra, differential equations, difference equations, optimization, etc.)
- Have received a good letter of recommendation from a distinguished professor of finance
Do you think that I stand a chance at any of the more "prestigious" MFin programs (i.e. Warwick MSc Finance, MSc Accounting and Finance at Imperial College etc.)? I'm worried that my lacking work/internship experience and moderate GPA will greatly reduce my odds... Any thoughts on this?
I'm very grateful for your input and advice.