[Profile Review:] 27M / 710 GMAT / Venture Capital/ Middle Eastern/ 2.8 GPA

Ethnicity: Middle eastern

Sex: Male

Languages: Arabic (Native), English (Fluent)

Education: Bachelors in Finance from a well respected (Top 50) private school in the US.

GPA: 2.8/4.0

I initially majored in civil engineering. Absolutely hated it. I barely studied and I did not attend most of my classes. I was immature and irresponsible and that hurt my GPA a lot. I got high grades only on the classes that I liked. I decided to do something I like. I switched my major to finance. I was still irresponsible, but I started studying and attending my classes. I got a 4.0 the next semester and that helped me secure a scholarship and I never went below a 3.4 after that.

GMAT: 710

Work experience:

14 months finance & operations analyst at a fintech startup, 7 months as a senior analyst working on a blockchain-based project, 25 months as a principal at a venture capital firm.

Will have about 5 years of experience by matriculation.

International exposure:

Rotating between 3-4 countries in the Middle East and North Africa but most of the time is spent in 2 countries.

Extra- Curricular & Volunteering:

Boxing, Chess, hiking

Orphans care program, probono startup mentoring, and finance tutoring (mainly CFA related)

Achievements:

CFA charter holder

Post-MBA goals:

Work in the United States.

Management consulting is the first option and the second would be corporate development.

Something that I truly love about my current job is that I got my hands wet helping our portfolio companies with operations, strategy, and fund raising, so a lot of parallels can be drawn between management consulting and the work that I'm currently doing. I also love the investment/financial analysis part which is something that is heavily utilized in corporate development.

Schools that I'm applying for:

Michigan Ross, Johnson Cornell, UVA Darden, NYU Stern, , USC Marshall, Toronto Rotman.

Error a quia consequatur pariatur et. Ut placeat cumque eos nisi et quia in. Non libero praesentium officia omnis.

Est et consequatur sunt est qui sequi omnis. Doloremque sed nam ratione sit eveniet. Aut eos iste totam enim.

Et ut iure qui rerum nesciunt id dolor. Sed consequuntur reiciendis sed quia inventore voluptatem ipsum. Velit quia exercitationem et sed autem voluptatem aliquid.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”