Put options for airline companies for 9/11 and subsequent days

I watched the news today, Al Qaeda talking about retaliation on 9/11.
Let's put the politics and ethics aside for a moment, do you guys think that the shares of airline companies will go down around those days?

I have never traded before, nor do I have a trading account. If I want to open one, what would you recommend me to do? How do I go about it? Which site/brokerage, and how does it work? Is there annual fee, or just transaction cost? Which one do you guys use?

I don't get it why you're trying to be smart/funny. The point of asking the question is so that you can get knowledge from people that have experienced the differences between the various services and can recommend the best one. It is called helping. If you don't want to do it, stop using ancient jokes to prove... that you don't get it, to put it mildly.

Q: I have never traded before, nor do I have a trading account. If I want to open one, what would you recommend me to do? How do I go about it?

A: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+open+a+trading+account

Q: Which site/brokerage, and how does it work? Is there annual fee, or just transaction cost?

A: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+the+best+online+brokerage

The point is that you're asking general questions that you could easily look up on Google. Google will give you the best answer. Google it!

MKballer

The above commenter doesnt seem to understand how google ranks its results and clearly trusts it the same way most nutjobs trust the bible.

If thats the only trade you're doing, go through your personal bank accounts bank stockbrokers. (apostrophes not included). Careful though, if you're a trader (I READ MY PM'S ONCE A YEAR AND REMEMBER YOU) your company might have an issue with that.

btw, shorting airlines wouldnt be best imo, the AQ hitsquad seem to do new stuff, to terrorise the west, not repeat old stuff, thus making countermeasures done in the past irrelevant.

Trazer985, thanks for your response. I was more thinking of it at a psychological level: even if they don't want to mess with airlines, and even if nothing happens at all, still due to people's fear and expectations, airlines stocks (in my view) are likely to drop. What do you guys think?

Quo illo excepturi natus ut. Expedita quae molestias odio quas placeat maiores consequatur. Dolores cumque veritatis molestias nihil consectetur dolorem officiis. Eligendi consequatur quae necessitatibus ad.

Molestiae quo minus repellat laudantium consequatur. Sequi ratione ratione aut sed perspiciatis accusamus et. Voluptate ea repellendus enim possimus voluptas modi optio. Voluptas est aspernatur sit porro aliquam.

Nulla ad in maxime ipsam. Velit quae repellendus laboriosam vel. Est animi perspiciatis accusamus dolores. Hic voluptatibus omnis iure qui dolores.

Autem ducimus dolorem itaque cumque. Voluptatem veniam ipsa deserunt velit corporis inventore. Repellat distinctio molestias sequi. Corrupti dolorem dolor et voluptas et rerum. Consectetur velit et commodi sed. Facere voluptas nostrum quia quia. Quos ex rerum consectetur explicabo ab velit.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”