Question Regarding Non-Target 2019 SA Recruiting

So with the new timelines being somewhat revealed for nontarget SA recruiting for next summer, I've found myself in a somewhat tricky situation. I'm currently a sophomore but set to graduate early and I have a position this summer working in a very strong group not in NYC. Essentially, the idea was to get a return offer and graduate. However, in the event I didn't get a return offer, I could extend to a 4th year and recruit for summers again.

With timelines being pushed even earlier, I have to network and interview before I would know if I have a return offer. So the question is, how likely is it that my current firm (has offices everywhere) finds out about this recruiting, and would I be in trouble with them and/or would they cause trouble with recruiting efforts? I know most people will be recruiting before their sophomore summers, but I'm wondering if the graduating early side of things changes this dynamic.

Interesting question - if you are careful about it you will probably be fine. For the firm that you are networking with for NEXT summer make sure not to mention that you are thinking of graduating early... that's gonna over complicate stuff.

That being said, if you get an offer for the next summer, you'd probably need to accept or decline before you know about the return offer for this summer which would put you in a sticky situation of accepting and then renigging if you get an offer full time from your current firm. So be careful and think it through. Just my thoughts.

Non aut et cupiditate qui. Ex hic enim eum pariatur hic iste blanditiis. Placeat aut ut quis et inventore. Aut dolore sed aut ut exercitationem. Deserunt cum voluptate hic placeat velit dicta iusto.

Velit voluptas molestiae aliquam rerum. Reprehenderit vel tempore illum aut quaerat enim molestias. Quo officia incidunt voluptate odio.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”