Currently seeking advice and general thoughts on the infrastructure landscape (disclosure: I am a 2nd year analyst in an energy coverage group).
To anyone currently working/ has worked in infrastructure PE:
- How did you break into infrastructure (i.e. relevant coverage group during IB years, MBA, etc.)
- How do you guys view the changing landscape? Especially with the "increased popularity" of P3s
- With so much dry powder available right now, and with raising ~$40bn funds, how do your firms think about the challenges of generating sufficient returns from large-scale infrastructure assets given the competition, or are you targeting smaller scale assets?
- During the recruiting process, being on the other side now, does your firm tend to favor candidates from a specific background (obviously someone from an infra background is probably more attractive)?
- Which firms do you guys see as your firm's main competition?
- What's your day-to-day like? In terms of dealing with the public sector, EPCs, banks, lawyers, etc.
- After being in infrastructure, do you see yourself staying in the industry or pivoting somewhere else?
Thanks guys. Feel free to PM me if it makes more sense.