Looks fine. Would recommend you drop the readings portion and put some better interests. It's cool and all that you like politics but I would suggest that you put another hobby or sport that you've played or follow.

Also, saying that your investment fund covers and has models for BP and DB is a very risky move. O&G and banks both have very specific valuation methods (supermajors like BP would typically be valued using three or four methods just to get to the total EV) so if you just have a DCF and non industry specific comps then you're going to look pretty silly if they grill you. And I bet that a most interviewers will ask you about it.

Best Response

Readings: When Genius Failed: The Rise and Fall of Long-Term Capital Management; Barbarians at the Gate: The Fall of RJR Nabisco

Get rid of this section ^^ everyone reads or at least should and everyone that wants to do banking has read all those books. if you have a cooler hobby or something that sets you apart more put that instead.

A lot of the time other than experience and education which yours appears to be good, interviewers want to make sure you aren't boring as a person

Get rid of current events as an interest. Add something unique and interesting - maybe a sports team you're a fan of or something.

Agree with the above posters about getting rid of the readings section.

Ok so fix readings and interests. I knew I'd get grilled on that but those are literally my interests.. no other resume-worthy hobbies and I don't follow sports. Should I make something up?

I'll take out DB and BP cause yeah I don't wanna get grilled on that

I would clean it up a little to make sure things like the capitalization after the commas uniform. You have Cornell University, Business School but no comma after Columbia University Mailman School. May seem stupid but little things can be a difference maker.

Edit: Positive note: your grades, school, and early experience look very competitive for 2018 BB

Hey TheEmperor,

Funny enough, I graduated from Cornell Hotel School (I believe we are a part of the same college now)...Nice to meet you, and feel free to add me on LinkedIn.

I would say that it's okay to leave your high school experience, considering you have a couple more years ahead of you until graduation. It looks good considering the accomplishments associated with the position. However, seek to replace it next year (or your senior year) with something you did in college. This will look much better when applying to full-time positions.

Chris Villanueva, CPRW [Get a free resume critique today](https://www.letseatgrandma.com)

Libero eos fugit alias fugiat iure recusandae. Provident quo sapiente eius occaecati et cumque.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”