Resume Critique - would like to know how to better position myself for SA 2019

Hey guys I will be applying soon for SA 2019 in London, HK and Singapore, and would really appreciate any sort of critique or tips you have! :)

http://docdro.id/WT1yhTE

One of my concerns are that I don't have direct finance related experiences and my interests may not be that "good"? I know gaming are no go, but what about esports? However, I can talk passionately about fashion and skincare (straight male, but still like it). I did many sports when I was younger, but got injured and could not continue hence esports.

The GPA I have listed are using the Danish grading system, which I find hard to convert to US GPA, as our highest grades 12 and 10 are equal to A and B, no A- or B+. Would that be an issue? Also for relevant coursework, I have not taken or completed them before a potential interview, but will have them done before internship starts, is that an issue?

Most Helpful

What position will you be recruiting for? Critique for your CV will vary.

But in general, I would say: 1. Make sure your primary education (i.e. the Danish school) has more content that your summer school. 2. GPA is fine, in the application form there will usually be an option to enter data as it is. Although, you must make sure that your GPA is more than 3.3 (on a 4 scale), since some firms make you confirm it. 3. "top 4 in class"- What does this mean? Your whole cohort? If yes then try to use like "top 4 out of XXX students" or "top XX%" to give better light- after all, not many people know about the Danish grading system. 4. Absolutely not fine to write relevant coursework before a potential interview. You might get asked about this in an interview (e.g. what finance topic do you like the most in Corporate Finance?) , and it sounds really bad when you then say you have not taken it.

Work: 1. Drop the "assigned to", just write "conducted". Streamline the first bullet point too- probably say something like "Conducted market analysis in the boat market, resulting in partnerships with ....". Also, it's manufacturers. 2. Again, drop the "assigned to" and just write "Strengthened". 3. Why are all of them "potential"? Try to find something concrete- something that you actually contributed to. 4. Avoid using personal pronouns, keep it to the third-person (no our, my). This is applicable to all parts of your CV.

Leadership: 1. Delete "during my time as vice-chair". Did you directly contribute to these statistics? If yes then just immediately say "increased number of applicants ....." 2. The Intro week sounds like a cool experience, expand on this more.

Add computer skills (e.g. bloomberg?)

All in all, your CV lacks finance experience. Your CV isn't going to make the cut if you don't show passion in finance. Perhaps if you invest, you can write about how you personally invest? (Can add personal investor, or the kind)

Et reiciendis sequi et perferendis. Blanditiis sapiente ducimus quos ut. Tempore aliquid id nam voluptas sed sed.

Fuga reiciendis nihil quo enim architecto. Aut illo nisi incidunt sint fugit aut facilis. Eum tempore placeat harum cumque unde laudantium. Voluptas asperiores ut ut in atque iure. Sit esse iure est.

Et repellendus illum nulla aliquam non consequatur delectus et. Ipsa voluptates tempore labore eius cum tenetur est ad. Ut placeat sunt autem consequatur maxime. Dolorem voluptatem rerum sit temporibus facere dicta et. Minima ut molestias et. Reprehenderit sit ad repudiandae esse harum praesentium.

Debitis odit magnam voluptatum animi cum est laudantium. Iste ab hic sapiente.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”