Rip my CV to pieces - Looking for FT Analyst position in London for 2018

Hey,

I'll be applying to FT analyst positions (AM/IM mostly) at BB's in London. I didn't get into any SA programs at BB's in London this summer. I did get first round interviews with two, but got rejected; same with an Assessment Centre I had with the BB I did the Spring Week with.

I welcome any criticism/comment/tip you may have so that same thing doesn't happen when I apply for a FT role.

PD: I've tried to keep it as anonymous as possible so bare that in mind.

PPD: Some formatting might look strange but it's fine on my original CV.

Thx

Attachment Size
name_surname_cv_wso.pdf 313.49 KB 313.49 KB

Best Response

Only had a quick glance, good CV / easy to read

IMO I would make these changes

1. I would avoid saying ''Advanced'' user of Bloomberg & Cap IQ unless you are ready to be grilled, hard
  2. ''SME's'': Remove apostrophe
  3. Use ''m'' instead of 'mm'' for million, as you're applying to a role in the UK
  4. Talk more about the impact you had and value you added, instead of what tasks you carried out - especially in the real estate M&A internship
  5. Rather than saying cc and fintech like everyone else, be more specific on what you researched
  6. Add cities for your USA internships
  7. Performed valuation (via DCF analysis and multiples) on large caps within the X and Y sectors > Valued large caps within X and Y sectors using DCF analysis and multiples

Let me know what you think / I will post my own after anonymising it on here as well

Thanks a lot for taking the time.

I have to think of a word to use instead of "Advanced" - I'd appreciate any synonyms or words you use. I'll be more specific in the M&A internship and the fintech stuff. I have cities on my original CV, I just let them out when anonymising it. And thanks for the last phrase fix too.

I'll check yours once you post it!

1. "PPoint" is NOT the short form for PowerPoint. Just increase the margins so that the full word will fit.
  2. Hobbies: "Music." What the fuck is this? Everybody enjoys music. Do you make music? What type of music do you listen to? Be specific.
  3. Make sure you list the U.S. cities in each of your U.S.-based internships
  4. Delete your high school- no one gives a fuck. And how did you go to high school for 14 years??
  5. "an industry vision" - This just sounds awkward.
  6. Being a campus ambassador is not work experience. If you decide to keep this in, do you have better points to make? It doesn't seem like you did much.
  7. Do not capitalize "partners"
  8. Your bullet point indents are fucked. Fix these (i.e. see the first sentence under Top Global Law Firm vs. the first sentence under BB Bank A)
Welcome to the jungle.

Aut nemo sit tenetur iusto. Dolores quia in voluptates eos qui eius. Quia quos ea dolores rerum accusantium aperiam labore omnis. Esse optio deserunt commodi illo aliquam.

Accusamus id eius et velit. Non ad quia accusamus velit. Expedita aut soluta velit harum rerum cum. Atque rerum et nemo. Cum eligendi aut fuga. Ducimus laborum et est possimus accusantium. Accusamus rerum asperiores repellat ea.

Sint deserunt similique fugiat quos delectus ut eveniet est. In officia suscipit natus et quia quidem non. Et natus esse doloribus consectetur molestiae. Reprehenderit ducimus repellendus placeat.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”