SA 2022 Recruiting

Hey guys, I probably know I am late to the game for recruiting for equity research but do you know any apps I can still apply to? I've been recruiting for IB, but honestly, I find the work you do in ER a lot more interesting. Looking into a company fundamentally and looking at why it's a buy or sell just intrigues me. What is the interview process like for ER and I've read on this sub that it's a dying field so do you think it's a field I should still pursue. If anyone breakdown what buy-side ER vs sell-side ER is to me that'd be amazing. 

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (7)

May 5, 2021 - 10:59am

I have done two ER interviews and both of them were very different (but also at smaller firms). Just be prepared for a mix of behavioral and market related questions. Maybe some basic technicals but really understand market events. Also be prepared for a stock pitch with specific catalysts.

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
May 5, 2021 - 11:42am

Okay got it, thank you. I guess I'll keep up with what the markets doing by reading the WSJ every day. Did u get an offer from any of those firms you interviewed for?

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

June 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (9) $911
  • Vice President (35) $364
  • Associates (202) $234
  • 2nd Year Analyst (113) $150
  • Intern/Summer Associate (97) $145
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (27) $145
  • 1st Year Analyst (418) $131
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (337) $82