Wanted to post about a summer subletting opportunity. It's very early but since most SAs know that they will be in New York for the summer I'm offering to lock it up early at a discount to what I would list it for in a few months. It's worth me locking it up to not have the hassle to deal with in April / May.
* East village - think between bowery and 1st ave / between St. Marx st and Houston st - PM me for details
* Very close to E/V (2nd ave station) and 6 (astor) subway stations - very easy access to midtown
* Spacious for the neighborhood - much, much more spacious than comparable NYU housing
* Real three bedroom apartment (not a 3br convert) - two large bedrooms, one medium / smaller sized bedroom
* One bathroom
* Large family room with attached kitchen
Furniture / Amenities
* Fully furnished
* Expensive, queen-sized mattresses / beds in each room
* Dresser / drawers, desks, shelving, etc. in bedrooms
* $1,800 luxury leather couch, 42 inch 1080P Sharp Aquos Television (with HD DVR, full cable - hundreds of channels, HBO, etc.), great modern tables, etc.
* Window unit air conditioners in each bedroom and family room (4 total - $1,000+ value)
* Premium kitchen pots, pans, utensils, glassware, etc.
* Rooftop access - great rooftop with cool view of Empire State, etc.
* Walkup building (no elevator - you have to walk up flights of stairs!)
* Looking to sublet ideally for the entire summer (approximately June 1 - August 20) - there is the potential to move a week earlier or leave a few days later
* Would consider subletting for the month of June - something along the lines of June 1 (or a week before) until July 1 (or a few days after)
* Ideally would like to sublet the entire apartment (3 bedrooms) under one contract but would be willing to sublet 1, 2 or 3 rooms in the right deal
* Pricing is based on comparable NYU summer housing (2010 rate for non-student in single bedroom dorms - Alumni, Coral, Lafayette, 2nd Street is 355 / week = ~1520 / month / room) - this apartment absolutely blows those buildings out of the water, not even a comparison - you will be WAY more comfortable this apartment and with this furniture (not to mention in a much bigger place)
Please PM me with inquiries. Thank you.