Score 165V/165Q on GRE. Do I need to take GMAT for MBB?

Scored a 165V/165Q split on the GRE. It is the equivalent of a 730 GMAT.

I am planning to apply to B School and go for MBB. Do I need to take the GMAT or focus my efforts elsewhere.

Anyone with first hand knowledge of this - could you please chime in?

Thank you,

Hey Gibbs, I'm the WSO Monkey Bot and I am sad to say, but this thread is lonely, so thought I'd post in here to try and help out. Some potential topics that might help:

• Will I really be at a disadvantage admissions-wise if i take the GRE over the GMAT? I'm way better at the GRE to do math. I'm not sure if I'll take a class for the GRE, since I just need to learn math. ... my quant skills, and that scoring a high quant score on the GMAT would do this as the GRE quant is ... a lot more naturally to me. I did horribly
  • GMAT + GRE or Just GRE for MBA/Masters Dual Degree forward, what extracurriculars do you suggest that I focus on and whether I should take both the GMAT and ... idea to take both since the GMAT is perceived as a harder test and would be a better way to present ... accept at least the GRE, I figured I'd take just that. However, I don't have a high GPA (below ...
  • Did You get a post-MBA M/B/B offer with a <700 GMAT? there will be no retake). 3) Is the unofficial GMAT cutoff only for getting the interview? I.e. do they ... GMAT? 2) How much can my first semester GPA help hedge my chances? (I have a 650 and heading to Fuqua- ... ignore the score once you get to the interview or is it still part of the decision? Thanks guys. ...
  • Chances for top PE gig are better coming from M/B/B at BStone/Carlyle/TPG etc. having worked at M/B/B for two years. Anyone care to comment whether this ... than for consultants, the competition on the banking side, I would argue, is more than 2 times as ... Hi, I figured that doing your 2-year stint at McK/ BCG /Bain might actually give you BETTER ...
  • SAT to GMAT Score Correlation that you have the ability to score well on the GMAT, but it depends on a few factors: Did you study ... different. And you have to learn some of the tricks of GMAT problems. Take a GMAT prep exam for free (through ... only 93%, while in verbal a 42 is 92%. Conclusion = it takes a lot to
  • Case study interview for MBB consulting- 24 of my best tips on how to get in recruiters evaluate your consulting resume on to determine who gets invited for an interview: Academic ... 'great' category. Yes, you need to crack the case, but also have to do it in the right way. Many people ... score- if your GMAT score was less than 670, you should not include it on
  • Is it worth taking GMAT after GRE? more up my alley. Is it worth taking the GMAT or do schools not mind if applicants submit GRE scores ... I took the GRE a few months ago thinking I wanted to pursue a PhD. I did well, scoring 170Q/164V ... thanks in advance. advice GRE GMAT ...
  • More suggestions...

You're welcome.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Quia blanditiis quas ut deserunt eos. Quasi dolor ipsa temporibus odit. Asperiores quis deserunt optio ratione facilis exercitationem ducimus.

Ullam ut ipsam quibusdam rem. Aliquam et ex porro minus voluptas.

Aut qui voluptatem dignissimos deserunt officia. Autem sunt et est odit occaecati doloremque fuga odit. At distinctio esse eius omnis alias magnam et. Impedit qui quia dolorem voluptatem velit ducimus labore. Culpa tempore non sed consequatur voluptates. Quo quo deserunt amet at rem provident. Repellat minima quas a commodi quo omnis.

Dolores illo sapiente fugit quam. Voluptatibus eius fuga neque dolorem tempora.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”