Thank you for showing interest in my forum.
I am a third year college student who has been offered an internship position at the Securities Division of
Here are some of my thoughts/information regarding each position, so please let me know your opinion as to which position I should accept:
Operations at Barcap (Tokyo Office)
1. daily work schedule is ideal; a day starts at 8:45 and ends at 6PM
2. Pay is great and probably slightly better than the internship position at
3. I think I am better suited to middle office than I am to front
4. Some of my future colleagues and boss whom I have already met are really nice
5. Most interns receive full-time offer at the end of internship period unless they completely mess up
Securities at Goldman (Tokyo Office)
1. A normal day starts at 6-7:00 and ends at 7PM
2. I am not confident of my physical and mental strength to survive at Goldman Sachs, especially if they offered me a full-time position after the completion of internship.
3. Nothing would look better on my resume than Internship experience at GS
4. The possibility to receive a full-time offer upon the completion of internship is significantly smaller than Barcap
5. GS did not offer an internship position at Operations when I applied
I would also like to know whether internship at the Securities of GS will, whether negatively or positively, affect my possibility of getting a full-time job at Operations Division of any investment bank .
In the end, as partly mentioned before, I am hoping to work for Operations Division whichever bank I may choose
Your opinions do matter and will be greatly appreciated!!!