My son will start his senior year of high school this fall and need to submit his college application(ED) before Nov 1. He is very interested in pursuing a career in the VC firm in the future. However he is uncertain of what major he should start from and what the ideal VC career path is. He is thinking about dual majors with the following combinations. Wish the professionals in the form can give him some advice.
1) Dual majors/major+minor with combination of some STEM majors such as Computer Science(CS)/Math/Applied math/Statistics/Biomedical etc. => work in industry for 2 years => back to Business School for MBA=> VC
2) Dual majors, business(Finance/Entrepreneur) plus one of STEM majors(CS/Math/Applied math/Statistics/ Biomedical Engineering) => consulting/IB => VC
Private Equity Interview Course
- 2,447 questions across 203 private equity funds. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 mem.
- 9 Detailed LBO Modeling Tests and 15+ hours of video solutions.
- Trusted by over 1,000 aspiring private equity professionals just like you.