Senator Pocahontas is 1/512 Native American

Senator Elizabeth Warren released a DNA test which shows she has a Native American ancestor from 6 to 10 generations go.

The youngest this ancestor could be was someone born in the late 1790s.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2018/10…

Is it just me or would a Republican politician who claimed Native American ancestory and then waived a DNA test showing that someone born in 1790s may have been Native American as proof would finish their career?

How is Senator Pocahontas not the Native American equivalent of Rachael Dolezal?

She is actually 1/1024 Native American....they got their math wrong...

This is certainly not enough to prove she is Native American. Just ridiculous.

Just think... that means she is .001% Native American. 0.001%!!!!!

That's what I thought too. I thought 6th generation would equal 4x great grandparent not 3x. My guess is they count the first generation as Warren herself not her parents.

However I am not a genealogist so I do not know protocol.

So being 6% indigenous American and 4% sub-Saharan African is not sufficient to be recognized as a minority business owner, but Warren being 1/512 native somewhat completely vindicate her claims to be a minority. According to those criteria, practically every white person has at least this much non-white blood and can therefore associate as a minority??? Something is not right here...

https://nypost.com/2018/09/25/man-claims-to-be-a-minority-business-owne…

Funniest

Liberal politics are making South Park reality. Amazing. Next is The Rock president and you have officially Idiocracy.

Never discuss with idiots, first they drag you at their level, then they beat you with experience.

justphresh:
While I agree with that, the march towards the polarization of extremes started with the Tea Party around 2009. When one of your focal points of leadership is that you refuse to compromise with the members of the other party, there is going to be a response..
I agree with the timeframe you identify, though it might as well be read as the ''Obama presidency''. I'm not going to start a ''your side did it first'' game. 2008-12 Republicans were out of ideas. The whole birth certificate controversy was retarded, fabricated and pushed by idiots who thought that if you scream it hard it enough, you make it real. However, during the same, the ''change'' brought by Obama was that progressives thought that once they elected a ''black President'', then anything from their social agenda was just a matter of time, quadrupling the demands, see gender pronouns, white privilege, toxic masculinity and whatever nonsense they can come up with. Unfortunately, politics tends to be driven by activists and activists have more extreme positions than the average voter. I honestly don't see a bright future ahead.
Never discuss with idiots, first they drag you at their level, then they beat you with experience.

justphresh:
While I agree with that, the march towards the polarization of extremes started with the Tea Party around 2009. When one of your focal points of leadership is that you refuse to compromise with the members of the other party, there is going to be a response..

Are you fucking kidding me? George W. Bush was consistently called a Nazi.

Array

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of white people in America whose great grandparents were born here, aren't part native.

Rumor has it my dad's side has native Amercican blood in it, but nothing has shown up in recent ancestry tests.

If I were Elizabeth, I would not be touting this as a victory, as most tribes won't claim you if you're less than 1/16th.

^yep

The fact is that Warren proved that she has lied about her ancestry and benefited career wise from these lies.

I am almost dumbfounded that she is waiving this around as proof to her ancestry.

As someone else stated this is the biggest mistake/flop since Howard Dean in 2004.

buysidehotshot:
^yep

The fact is that Warren proved that she has lied about her ancestry and benefited career wise from these lies.

I am almost dumbfounded that she is waiving this around as proof to her ancestry.

As someone else stated this is the biggest mistake/flop since Howard Dean in 2004.

I think it's more that she's willing to be open about it and is not trying to hide anything. She was challenged to take a DNA test, she did, and released it regardless of what the results showed. Also, she didn't really use the native american thing to benefit her career. https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2018/09/01/did-claiming-native-…

reformed:
buysidehotshot:
^yep

I think it's more that she's willing to be open about it and is not trying to hide anything. She was challenged to take a DNA test, she did, and released it regardless of what the results showed. Also, she didn't really use the native american thing to benefit her career. https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2018/09/01/did-claiming-native-…

She is asking Trump to pay $1 MM and is still claiming she is Native American when no tribe would claim her as Native American and she is potentially less Native American than average white American.

The idea that she did not benefit from this is ludicrous. She was a teacher at lesser law schools (University of Houston and UT). After she claims Native American heritage she miraculously moves up multiple tiers of law schools (Penn and Harvard).

I know the liberals/SJWs will claim "multiple Harvard faculty members say race did not play a factor at all". I am not surprised that Harvard is claiming this. They are in the middle of a contentious law suit that they have discriminated against Asians for decades with blacks/Indians/Hispanics benefiting.

There racial grievance charade is about to come crashing down and this Pocahontas thing is just the beginning.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/13/us/harvard-affirmative-action-asian-…

Most Helpful
buysidehotshot:
Alt-Ctr-Left Ozymandia

Copying in some of our liberal friends who have been strangely silent on this.

How is this not extremely racist on Warren's part for falsely "appropriating" a different culture for decades and then doubling down on said appropriation?

Ah yes, sorry I missed my standing appointment to defend anything left of center once again, cross-country flight for me today notwithstanding. Here are my thoughts:

1. It was wrong for her to accentuate and mislead about her ancestry
  2. She looked even dumber today following this move and I don't know why she did this
  3. Not a single vote will be changed by this issue
  4. You are absolutely overreacting claiming this will derail her campaign
  5. The fact that you think so, tells me you're really scared of her
  6. This will be a non-story by the end of the week for the half of the country with a brain
  7. Nonetheless, Fox and the right wing media will play this out endlessly, because the outrage machine needs its fuel
  8. Trump once again reneged on his word, and originally denied ever having said he'd donate $1mm if she took a DNA test, because he is a garbage person with no integrity
  9. I'm not crazy about the fact that Warren and a few other potential Dem candidates (Gillibrand, Booker, Harris) seem inauthentic and completely paralyzed by what the algorithm says they should do to better their 2020 chances, a la Hillary Clinton of the last 20 years. I hope Biden runs, or a dark horse candidate emerges (Klobuchar, Brown, JK3, Buttegieg)
  10. That being said, I would vote for any of them, and my childhood dead dog, over Trump in 2020

Look buysidehotshot , I criticized "my side" three separate times. Your turn.

"I don't know how to explain to you that you should care about other people."

buysidehotshot:
Alt-Ctr-Left Ozymandia

Copying in some of our liberal friends who have been strangely silent on this.

How is this not extremely racist on Warren's part for falsely "appropriating" a different culture for decades and then doubling down on said appropriation?

Honestly haven't been paying that much attention, nor do I care much about it, but yes, it's pretty damn insensitive (not racist, I know you want to establish an equivalency with right wing dog whistle politics, but that isn't what the word means) and incredibly stupid and doubling down on it is baffling, infuriating, and demeaning to Native Americans, I assume (not being one).

For what it's worth, if she was calling Native Americans inferior, THAT would be racism. Falsely claiming to be one is... a word I don't know, but hopefully is imbued with as much scorn and disgust as possible.

Also it sort of depends on her. Without excusing her actions, if she was raised to believe she's Native American, and has always associated with that, then it's hard to fault her for continuing that. It seems more likely that someone once told her that, and she's been using it as a leg up in her career, which is obviously far more odious, but I don't know all the facts.

However, I can't see it impacting her electorally or politically. If I'm a liberal voter in her district, or in a national election, then I'm seeing this, versus the long list of actual racists or sexual abusers being actively chosen, perhaps because of those qualities, on the GOP side, and saying that this is small fries

I have as much Native American blood as Pocahontas Warren and no one in my family ever dreamed of pretending to be a Native American. I did, however, cynically assert that I was gay on the SAT writing section.

For the record, I'm about 2 generations younger than Warren and 23andme said my Native American ancestor was in my line somewhere in the 18th century (likely).

Array

reformed:
neink:
justphresh:
I agree with the timeframe you identify, though it might as well be read as the ''Obama presidency''. I'm not going to start a ''your side did it first'' game. 2008-12 Republicans were out of ideas. The whole birth certificate controversy was retarded, fabricated and pushed by idiots who thought that if you scream it hard it enough, you make it real.

While I agree with this 100%, just wanted to remind you that it was pushed the loudest by Trump.

Yeah and it was retarded.

It looks kind of dumb to release results that show such a small percentage of Native American ancestry. With that said, she knew what the results showed prior to releasing it to the media. I think she just wanted to put an end to Trump's criticism in anticipation of a run for POTUS in 2020. Saying or doing something dumb is hardly the standard for damaging a political career these days. There are people at all levels of government that have said far dumber things or have taken far worse actions those of Warren.

However, I think the Dems can do better than Warren in 2020. They would probably be better off with someone like Bloomberg who is highly intelligent and accomplished in business and in politics. He would likely be able to attract lots of independents/moderate republicans and he could fund his own campaign.

http://www.series7examtutor.com

Dignissimos alias voluptas perferendis et. Quis cum dolor consequatur necessitatibus earum.

Sed vel veritatis non ut magni qui optio. Voluptatem voluptas soluta nesciunt non. Nihil ut voluptatibus nemo et vero consequuntur dolore.

Nesciunt et eligendi minus optio. Quia sunt quas eos voluptatem est. Aliquam fuga sit omnis et facilis dignissimos. Amet sed dolores culpa ducimus rem. Ut modi nam qui voluptas. Animi aliquid provident omnis molestiae vitae.

Ut optio cumque animi quia. Voluptas nostrum impedit quo ipsum ipsam odio dolorum quo. Ut inventore earum quas sit id maxime. Perspiciatis et magni quasi quibusdam sapiente rem.

Commercial Real Estate Developer

Praesentium ipsam minus suscipit enim dolorem. Numquam corporis aperiam excepturi architecto. Laudantium labore recusandae alias culpa.

Asperiores praesentium aut aut corporis. Quos quibusdam beatae quidem quae corporis ducimus dolor.

Error atque magni velit vel enim nihil. Accusamus magni dignissimos sapiente quis. Odit quisquam consequuntur quis tempora rerum cum. Qui blanditiis voluptas hic assumenda. Voluptates fugiat nihil facere placeat. Dolor tenetur ab dolores eos ex inventore qui sit. Sunt magnam ut nemo sint.

http://www.series7examtutor.com

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”