SEO Career Program 2011-2012

I applied to SEO first round. Had my in-person interview and now waiting for the final decision. Received an update on my application that says they haven't made a decision and that I will hear back soon. Has any of you guys been accepted already? Best of luck to all applicants!

Best Response

Somebody close to had the in-person interview about a month ago and is still waiting to hear back at this point. From my understanding, the decision period for first rounders is a bit more protracted than second and third rounders. anyway, best of luck with the application - SEO is a very solid internship program.

Capitalist

esbanker:
Somebody close to had the in-person interview about a month ago and is still waiting to hear back at this point. From my understanding, the decision period for first rounders is a bit more protracted than second and third rounders. anyway, best of luck with the application - SEO is a very solid internship program.

Thanks!!!!!!

Same boat here. Interviewed with the I banking program and the corp finance within banking program. Got the same email and contacted my recruiter and she said I will have a decision by the 19th.

I Got a dollar and a dream...

mapr89:
BankMonkey21:
Didn't get in for IB. Got in for MO prolly gonna decline

So you applied for MO as a second choice and they called you welcoming you to the program but not for your first choice (IB)....wtf, didn't know they did that.... when did they call u?

Nah u applied to IB and AM and after i interviewed (I knew I blew it from a stupid mistake) they called me and asked f I was interested in CFL or the Finance banking program (MO) so I interviewed with that. They let me know last week via email

I Got a dollar and a dream...

Well my source (he wants to remain un-named) was in in both, so I think he may be bending the truth but, he said you really have to prove yourself during SEO-U, dont get me wrong I am still applying ( I think it is due March 15?) I will try to get that shit out this weekend, but I honestly hope that I can atleast SEO-U I heard its not that competitive.......

I want a lady on the street, but a freak in the bed, Go Bucks!!

Ambition:
Well my source (he wants to remain un-named) was in in both, so I think he may be bending the truth but, he said you really have to prove yourself during SEO-U, dont get me wrong I am still applying ( I think it is due March 15?) I will try to get that shit out this weekend, but I honestly hope that I can atleast SEO-U I heard its not that competitive.......

I got second place in the seo-u competition and fast track to interview but i haven't heard back. You don't lose anything with applying so do it. Investment Banking fourth round ends february 1st.

K also how time consuming is SEO-U? Isnt it all virtual? I have an internship in SF that I also wanna do could i do both?

I want a lady on the street, but a freak in the bed, Go Bucks!!

[quote=Ambition]definitely possible, I was interning in ATL while doing SEO-U last summer. Fortunately I got into the CAreer Program a couple weeks ago! GOOD luck!

mapr89:
I had my interview. I was asked what groups I would like to work in and what company culture i liked. I was told I would hear back in the next couple of weeks. No offer yet :(

Congrats on the interview, hopefully you get the offer, I applied yesterday for the Feb 1 deadline and hopefully you get an offer. Could you please tell me what are your stats and what questions they asked you?

University: Non-target (Puerto Rico) Previous work experience: sales and administrative, manager, family business GPA: 3.6 Extracurriculars: finance club director, soccer player...

Sometimes I regret not studying in the continental US and staying in PR. Even though I had good grades in high school and was involved in sports and activities, I decided to study here ($2,000 dollars a college year), but opportunities here are very limited considering my interests. Finance courses haven't helped much and I have learned most by myself. If I'm not accepted, I will probably do a MSF. How about you?

mapr89:
University: Non-target (Puerto Rico) Previous work experience: sales and administrative, manager, family business GPA: 3.6 Extracurriculars: finance club director, soccer player...

Sometimes I regret not studying in the continental US and staying in PR. Even though I had good grades in high school and was involved in sports and activities, I decided to study here ($2,000 dollars a college year), but opportunities here are very limited considering my interests. Finance courses haven't helped much and I have learned most by myself. If I'm not accepted, I will probably do a MSF. How about you?

University: Non target Previous work experience: Sales, Assistant manager, and summer analyst gig at a research firm GPA 3.5 Extracurricular: Investment club and charity organization,

How long did it take you to hear back from SEO regarding first rounds?

TheKid1:
mapr89:

University: Non target Previous work experience: Sales, Assistant manager, and summer analyst gig at a research firm GPA 3.5 Extracurricular: Investment club and charity organization,

How long did it take you to hear back from SEO regarding first rounds?

Well, I participated in SEO-U last summer. The SEO-U participants that get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in the case study competition and complete all zoologic training, get a fast track to in person interview. That means I didn't have an initial phone screen. My in-persion interview was back in October 21st. I received an email on december 7th that a decision was made on my application. The decision said that they have not yet made a decision on my application and are still evaluating my candidacy. Last week I received an e-mail from the IB program manager, requesting a follow-up interview to talk to me about the program. I scheduled the interview and had it Monday, Jan 30th. She just asked me what group inside the IBD i would like to work in, what banks I am most interested in and what are my plans fro the future (banking 3 years or stay in banking). She then told me I would receive a call within two or three weeks.

yep - SEO should get back to all applicants, whether 'aye' or 'nay'.

good luck to all of you applying this year - it's a great internship program. for those of you that don't get it, the applications process itself is a great experience.

Capitalist

Voluptatum voluptates debitis ea asperiores. Cum provident quia occaecati. Velit dolorum quisquam est vel repudiandae. Sint et est tenetur architecto.

Voluptatem ut excepturi ratione qui. Aliquam aliquid ducimus velit. Architecto voluptatibus ut eum ipsum quae et. Corporis ea quia tempora quis perspiciatis.

Voluptate necessitatibus aperiam atque corrupti a. Non dolores enim vitae atque. Est nostrum aut itaque sint alias. Est aut quia optio consequatur ab reprehenderit. Nam quia fuga mollitia aut ut doloribus. Doloribus repellendus quibusdam mollitia harum.

Ea sequi molestias accusamus recusandae. Vel maxime aut nostrum et dolore. Nesciunt consequatur molestias amet sunt error nihil voluptas vel. Repellendus voluptas est et vel et quisquam non.

Accusamus repellendus sed et eius quo beatae. Consequatur suscipit qui consequatur perferendis blanditiis.

Magnam ut iusto modi at at reprehenderit. In amet debitis optio quod. Voluptatem id adipisci quia reprehenderit velit culpa. Dicta fuga inventore voluptates culpa cumque pariatur qui eligendi. Aut iure laborum quo ullam. Sint dolores reprehenderit rerum est nihil et sint.

Non officiis ipsam sit dolore. Doloremque quos doloribus nisi sit molestiae veniam sit maxime. Nam sit velit dolorem ut ut. Sint aut totam consequatur voluptatem officia quo voluptas voluptas. Voluptatem eos et fugiat quasi tempora ducimus ullam. Eaque ratione et et enim. Eos maxime ut cumque cum.

Rerum sit veritatis perferendis eos sed libero. Voluptatum dolor placeat quisquam suscipit qui labore. Repellat perferendis aliquam optio veniam.

Voluptates nemo harum est corrupti. Consectetur repellat fuga necessitatibus eum eos incidunt. Omnis quos non ut architecto delectus ut.

Pariatur sequi recusandae reprehenderit eaque perspiciatis. Consequatur optio corrupti cum. Expedita sunt dolor voluptas officiis voluptatem libero. Vel ex occaecati voluptate facere.

Voluptates reprehenderit aliquid rem tenetur. Sunt voluptates ipsum aut dolorem autem sint dignissimos. Tempora illo quas labore sequi aperiam ipsam.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”