So, I work in a non-sales, but licensed role at a major AM firm. I interface with the wholesalers providing technical support for sales several times a month during sales to FAs. I got my CFP about eighteen months ago, because I knew all the material from a prior job, and work would give me time off to study. (I didn't, but it was a great long weekend at the shore) Needless to say, I passed, and now, for the first time since passing I need to order new business cards. My charter is obviously 100x more relevant to my work, but should I list the CFP after my name on the card as well? While I feel it is of limited value in the matters I am covering, I think that it may buy me enough respect from some of the FAs I'm talking to to be worth the cost of the ink. (no, before anyone suggests it, I won't put 'BFD' on my business card)
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- At EB Right now. It's already 9pm talked to analyst who told me I'll be working until 2am on average (including today). I've been "reading" the compliance book since 2pm since there's not a lot to do on my first day.
I think I fucked up and chose the wrong...+54 by EUROPETARGET in IB
- I was amazed that the average GPA's of Top 10 b-schools are so low considering how competitive to get in. According to Poets & Quants, some of the average GPAs for 2018 were the following: Wharton - 3.60, Booth - 3.60, Ross - 3.50, Tuck - 3.49, Sloan - 3.48, and Cornell Johnson was only...+32 by recruitingstudent in BSCH
- A leading upper mid-market PE firm emailed me this: "It’s rare that we recruit for a VP role. We typically hire at the Associate or Senior Associate role and promote."
This seems fairly typical, although it's rarely expressly said. Why is it so hard to lateral as a VP?+28 by Kickball123 in PE
- Holy shit.
I will edit my post with my thoughts, opinions, ideas, expectations, and predictions after I think about this. What did you guys think? One thing is for sure.. we now know how that coin landed.
***Fire away***+23 by champagnepaki in OFF
- Hopefully this guide will save monkeys some money and avoid the fuckups I made. Basically, you can score expensive $$$ clothing for way way less than what you would think. This doesn’t mean cheap, but it does mean you should be able to find $8000 suits for ~$700 - $1200 by the time you finish...+21 by m_1 in FASH
- Hey all,
This site has been a big help to me over the years and I wanted to see if there's anyone out there I can help by answering some questions.
* Lower/middle class from the southern US, first generation
* Started out at a semi-target in STEM , finished my...+15 by GibbonAwayNow in IB
- WSO was a great source for me at the beginning of my career. Figured it is time to give back.
* Graduated from a non-target school with a 3.5 GPA
* Spent 3 years at a BB bank in Leveraged Finance
* Currently, at a value oriented credit hedge fund, investing in...+14 by Value892 in HF
- Financial modeling is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of investment banks and other financial firms now have formal training programs, many students and prospective finance professionals are choosing to enroll in self-study financial...+13 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- This may be an absurd question and I may come across as an uneducated cretin for asking this but I really want to know if anyone on here makes 7 or 8 figures. If so, what age were you when you cracked 7 figures and what was your position? +9 by KDISABITCHHHHH in IB
Private Equity Infrastructure Funds, Secondaries and Co-investments
Experience in Institutional Asset Management & Investment Research (Mutual funds)
CFA Completed | European Financial Advisor Charterholder
Excel financial modelling (VBA)
Telecom & Financial Services...+9 by truelondoner in PE
Upcoming EventsSee all
- May16WSO Chicago Meet Up: Thur 5/16, 630-830pm, Headquarters6:30 EDT Chicago
- May16WSO NYC Happy Hour: Thur 5/16, 7-10pm, 5th And Mad Bar7:00 EDT New York City, NY
- May16WSO London Meet Up: Thur May 16, 19:00, Vintry Pub7:00 EDT Online
- May18WSO DC Meet Up: Sat 5/18, 1pm, Vapianos1:00 EDT Washington DC, DC
- May21Private Equity Boot Camp -- New York City, 5/21-5/228:00 to 5:00 EDT Online