So I'm currently a Junior in a BBA program and will be done with my Finance concentration in the Spring of this year. I'll have all of senior year to basically take any class that I want which can be fun, but at the same time seem like a waste. Double majoring outside of the BBA program isn't really a possibility/I'm not intrigued enough by other subjects to major in them. As someone going into S&T, should I take on an Accounting concentration as well for personal use (thinking about taxes and saving as much money as possible throughout my career)? I would only need 3-4 more classes but I don't know if it's worth it. I loved financial accounting and really understand how the financial statements work, but I hated managerial accounting. The alternative is taking as many Finance courses as possible and throwing in 1-2 Econ courses, maybe a history course, and random electives that are fun or will prepare me for S&T.
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- What are some of the best resources for starting to raise capital as an emerging RE developer?
Often times people start with friends and family in country club deals but I was wondering what institutions back smaller deals for small RE developers (if any at all). +64 by Venturepapi in RE
- Hi All, My background:
I am a senior Analyst in the Investment Banking Division of one of the international banks. Entered the field after receiving a return offer from my Junior year summer internship.
Ask me anything
This thread would be most applicable for College Juniors / Seniors...+22 by cricket008 in IB
- A leading upper mid-market PE firm emailed me this: "It’s rare that we recruit for a VP role. We typically hire at the Associate or Senior Associate role and promote."
This seems fairly typical, although it's rarely expressly said. Why is it so hard to lateral as a VP?+14 by Kickball123 in PE
- Are there any potential exit opps from an IB analyst to a role in the sports world? Always been fascinated by the management/ business side of the sports industry. Is this possible, and are there any recent precedents of this happening? Would appreciate any info on this subject. +13 by FIGNewtons in IB
- Financial modeling is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of investment banks and other financial firms now have formal training programs, many students and prospective finance professionals are choosing to enroll in self-study financial...+13 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- I went to college & made an iPhone app when I was 16 years old. I do beauty pageants for fun & quote Confucius unironically. Do I have your attention now? I hope you’re still with me (:
I was mindlessly ambitious in high school- I played JV basketball, took all the APs, & joined...+12 by Anonymous Monkey in OFF
- Posted about this before and how ridiculous some of the dialogue has gotten and read this review of the episode and wanted to get some thoughts. Copy and pasting from review. I personally agree with Samantha Mathis as her and the investor relations girl at Taylor's company are the most...+12 by Paddy’s Pub in OFF
- how to be alpha?
what are your tips, your stories, your thoughts..................
how to be alpha?+9 by famejranc in OFF
- Seems like street for MM Associate 1 is 110-125k with 100% target (i.e. 220-250k all-in) for $500-3bn funds. Haven't seen much talk about what the standard raise is for the 2nd year, and then what the Senior Associate offers look like for the third year.+9 by twentyone in PE
- Nowadays competition for IB, PE, HF, and VC is fierce, and with more and more candidates comes more competition.
Ironically enough, a huge part of what people compete with IS their school and GPA, but many finance professionals argue that school did not teach them much about their job/...+9 by isa2130953 in IB
IB Resources See all
Upcoming EventsSee all
- May14FP&A Technical Mastery – Chicago, 5/14-5/168:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- May14Podcast: Building a billion-dollar business in less than 2 years -- Henrique Dubugras -- 5/1412:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- May15Free SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app (2 days only)!(All day) Online
- May15Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 5/15-5/178:00 to 5:00 EDT Online