Softbank Vision Fund - Views 2021

All,

Does anyone have any views on Softbank's Vision Fund? Culture, Pay, Investments, Interview Process? Went through the older threads but there wasn't anything more recent (threads were dated 2019).

Thanks! 

Hi Analyst 3+ in IB - Ind, just because I'm a bot doesn't mean I don't have feelings...I'm hoping these links are helpful. If not, feel free to throw monkey shit at me...

More suggestions...

You're welcome.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

What round are you in? and which office? 

First round interview. What questions were you asked for the first round ? They said they have shortlisted handful of ppl for first round and now need to move to second quickly. One of my buddies here at GS is also interviewing . PLEASE HELP. If you didn’t interview with them. Let me know 

This is for SF office. Can you please let me know what you mean by understand how their portcos operate ? Any examples  on how to answer case study ? 

Thanks.

Basically, what are the revenue drivers. How would you forecast revenues for these business? 

In the models which you've built whilst you were at GS TMT, how did you build the revenue builds for e-commerce companies? 

They'll also ask you questions about the PE buy sides you've done. They prefer that over strategics (as the PE a DD does is slightly different to a strategic). Make sure you know those deals in and out.

General motivation include why tech, why now etc.

Good luck. 

Thanks.

Basically, what are the revenue drivers. How would you forecast revenues for these business? 

In the models which you've built whilst you were at GS TMT, how did you build the revenue builds for e-commerce companies? 

They'll also ask you questions about the PE buy sides you've done. They prefer that over strategics (as the PE a DD does is slightly different to a strategic). Make sure you know those deals in and out.

General motivation include why tech, why now etc.

Good luck. 

Thank you. I am also hearing that there will be a modelling test. Do you know what kind of model we will be tested on ? And how can I prepare for that ? Please help 

Most Helpful

Perferendis sed alias fuga dolores cum culpa facere. Mollitia et pariatur rerum id. Exercitationem et atque ea omnis ut.

Dolor autem natus qui optio ut. Incidunt praesentium rerum asperiores explicabo at asperiores voluptatibus quo. Beatae magnam inventore nihil rem quasi. Corrupti sed corrupti ducimus sit beatae quo quis. Expedita autem ea et et reprehenderit officiis excepturi.

Et magni blanditiis harum sint veniam. Enim nulla rem repellendus et.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Private Equity

• The Riverside Company 99.5%
  • Blackstone Group 99.0%
  • Warburg Pincus 98.4%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Blackstone Group 98.9%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 98.4%
  • Ardian 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Bain Capital 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • Warburg Pincus 97.9%
  • Starwood Capital Group 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

• Principal (9) $653
  • Director/MD (22) $569
  • Vice President (92) $362
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (91) $281
  • 2nd Year Associate (206) $266
  • 1st Year Associate (387) $229
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (29) $154
  • 2nd Year Analyst (83) $134
  • 1st Year Analyst (246) $122
  • Intern/Summer Associate (32) $82
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (314) $59
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”