Sophomore Internship Advice - Summer 2019

I am a sophomore at a semi-target (e.g. Berkeley, Michigan, USC, etc) and have received an offer at aMM investment bank which has offices in San Francisco, Dallas, and Boston in their Generalist M&A Summer Analyst program (for Juniors in college). The HQ is in Dallas however and I received an offer for that location. I was wondering if it is something I should go for if I am recruiting for BB/EB NYC/SF Junior Summer. How would an internship in Dallas affect my chances considering the work seems to be good (the deal-flow is decent) and interns get exposure to many parts of the transaction (drafting CIMs, conducting research, as well as valuation)? Also, pay is on par with most BBs/EBs Junior SA programs.

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

@monkeytomd" When you say "confident of getting an offer from a BB NYC" do you mean for sophomore summer?

@RocketToTheMoon" I extensively networked since fall of Freshman year, keeping in touch with the people at the office. Once my freshman summer internship started, I initiated the conversation again and then formally had interviews with a few people before being invited to the Superday. Also mentioned how I was graduating a year early. Hope this helped.

Laro98:
@RocketToTheMoon" I extensively networked since fall of Freshman year, keeping in touch with the people at the office. Once my freshman summer internship started, I initiated the conversation again and then formally had interviews with a few people before being invited to the Superday. Also mentioned how I was graduating a year early. Hope this helped.
To clarify, did you recruit as a junior (a year early) and are planning on extending your graduation date back to the normal 2021?

To answer the main question, I am familiar with the MM firm you are referring to and have heard good things. Think it's definitely the best option to set you up for BB/EB recruiting.

Array

Vero nulla ad animi molestias consequuntur ut. Ea reprehenderit molestiae placeat voluptatem accusantium ut iste.

Reprehenderit debitis ullam fuga qui. Eligendi consectetur consequatur quia numquam quia facilis quae. Veniam necessitatibus nobis et voluptatum consequuntur. Magnam qui quia iusto dolores similique reprehenderit ipsum.

Amet numquam sint quisquam a consequatur consequuntur. Eligendi et ea enim sequi consequatur. Provident impedit excepturi consequatur ab odit alias.

Voluptatem perspiciatis laudantium vel debitis ducimus nemo libero. Sequi est non sint quos. Est et quo sint quo voluptatibus necessitatibus eveniet tenetur. Tempora reiciendis necessitatibus voluptatem et quasi deleniti.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”