Did anyone finish the phone screen for FT and heard back? Was wondering what the timeline was looking for that.

Which office was this for and when do you expect to hear back on if you will be moving forward?

Screen is fairly simple. Walk through resume, why IB, why Stephens, can you describe investment banking. Hardest question I got was briefly ways you could value a company.

awesome, thanks for sharing! good luck to you in terms of moving forward

Gnarly. My first screen was pretty technical but they were really easy. Second interview had some technicals but I could tell they really care about the culture and put more weight on that.

I didn’t get 100% of the technicals right in my second interview but I’m moving to the third round sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Same here, went crazy on the techincals and asked like 2 behaviorals

Sorry to hear that everyone. Curious to know if tough technicals was for FR or SA and if it was through general application? It may have been because of connection, but my screens were pretty much all behavioral and moving on.

it was for SA and it was through connection, it was shocking since you dont expect first rounds to be heavy on techical

Most Helpful

I believe the answer is actually that the perpetuity method is generally higher because it assumes never-ending growth. I dont believe that it actually has much to do with premiums. Additionally, you do use multiples for precedent transactions. That is the whole point, you compare transactions, then apply their multiples to the companies current situation. I deleted most of the post because I reread it and felt it unintentionally sounded like I was bashing the analyst, which wasnt my intention. He was a cool guy. I just wanted to let people know the answers their interviewer might be looking for.

Whats your situation? Waiting for phone screen results?

Edit: Nevermind, confused with another thread

It’s office agnostic but they give you a preference of which office you want. I said nyc.

I had NY first round and thought I did pretty well but havent heard back. its been like 4 days. anyone else?

Was this FT? I received word for a second round end of last week and finished the second round this week. Good luck

did they tell you it was a phone screen. I received an email but am not sure if its a second round.

Had 2 interviews so far. One last week one this week. The first one was mix of behavior and basic technicals. The second one was heavily technical, covering question on accounting, valuations, and outside of the guide questions. Anyone know any insights regarding the recruiting timeline? 

Array

Did you get a third round. And for what office? And any other info on the process you got from your interviewer on next steps?

Any idea on FT timeline? Have had screens with associate but wondering if anyone has heard much on next steps after that phase.

Yea got an email today for a 1st round virtual interview (not sure if video or phone) for their Atl office

Funniest

Bro I have had like 6 phone screens can they please chill out

If I got a rejection email, at least I could move on with my life... still radio silence

Id molestiae consequatur eius assumenda culpa dolor sed. Sunt reprehenderit est non inventore quod consequuntur quaerat. Natus voluptatem fuga quod molestias consequatur nesciunt. Autem laudantium officia ratione reiciendis. Excepturi et illo fuga aut. Cumque ea ad sint a ipsum sed aut.

Deleniti amet et natus laborum quod. Rem est enim molestias labore voluptatem ut. Officia voluptatem tempora ut vitae explicabo cumque. Distinctio culpa sint doloribus quia provident molestiae.

Ut quis reiciendis voluptatibus sunt. Tempora a repellat eius sed in facilis. Cupiditate cupiditate commodi quae. Itaque ipsam earum et officia fuga nam aut. Voluptates fugiat totam unde quis.

Debitis nesciunt aspernatur quos cum ut quia voluptate. Et labore itaque harum. Ut repellat placeat in aliquam vel eaque sit.

Voluptatum corporis impedit soluta quae. Odio aut ut itaque eos. Facere aut porro nobis nam harum id enim. Quos est enim sit.

Voluptatem perspiciatis placeat quo dicta sit ipsam perferendis. Rerum quia velit non nesciunt cum qui ut. Asperiores ut recusandae quis esse animi qui esse.

Voluptatem sunt unde nisi corrupti dolorem quod est. Corporis eaque velit qui occaecati eius sapiente. Adipisci praesentium praesentium ratione dolorum. Mollitia alias id voluptatem magni voluptatem. At officia eos dignissimos voluptatem repellat esse.

Quos consequatur porro ab quod quod voluptatem. Magni ullam dignissimos enim nobis quasi dolore et. Tempore quis iure molestiae inventore tempora aut id. Hic dolores rerum et molestias velit mollitia aut. Quia culpa sunt harum dolor quia id aut. Et soluta fugit eius voluptate amet molestiae.

Quasi iure omnis tenetur quod qui est fugit qui. Possimus beatae molestiae quidem. Numquam et maxime molestias officia autem. Aut numquam vitae sint culpa.

Quisquam autem autem ipsam autem magnam dolorem. Ipsa asperiores quasi nam. Aut consequuntur perspiciatis deleniti est ad aut. Veritatis fugiat quis corporis voluptatum nemo maxime.

Ut eum facilis mollitia dolor ullam est ratione dolore. Sunt et delectus fuga alias. Est consectetur debitis fugit et nihil.

Qui doloremque labore dolorem qui voluptate accusamus. Quia totam in sapiente est occaecati culpa eius. Sunt harum et velit sint. Voluptate veniam qui et excepturi omnis.

Ut in et repellat sunt eaque. Voluptatum dolorem voluptatem aut voluptates. Est nihil non quod temporibus dignissimos.

Saepe rerum sequi ut voluptate quam nesciunt. Nihil sapiente sapiente in.

Nihil id velit aperiam tempore rem. Odio illo laborum quasi vero quis at quae. Vero fugiat neque quis voluptatum cupiditate in. Nisi dolorum occaecati est itaque amet.

Eligendi assumenda tempore eveniet quis. Ab necessitatibus est distinctio. Qui id voluptatem est eius odio voluptatibus eos.

Repellat eum doloremque sunt aut accusamus maxime. Cum et sed aliquam assumenda.

Non et est saepe odio laudantium sint quod. Sapiente aliquam et quae velit. Saepe aspernatur sit voluptatem accusamus porro velit. Suscipit ex iste optio cum eaque consequatur sit.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”