I am in my second semester of Sr year at the lowest non-target possible. I have 2 solid internships in corp fin and in the fraud department at the largest credit union in the world. I've got a lot of extracurricular activity in clubs, sports, etc. 3.6 GPA with 3.9 Major GPA. I've networked out my ass like no other, with high-level connections at BB, MM, regional, etc, but I can't land an interview. I've had several eyes on both my resume and cover letter that can't find anything wrong. Any one of my connections COULD have led to a job, and every one of them SHOULD have at least landed an interview, right? They all tell me I have solid experience and excellent communication skills, but none lead to anything. I've applied to over 150 jobs and haven't got a call back. Is this only because of my school? Is there something I'm missing? I'm also aware how late it is, so I've considered adding Accounting as a double major to extend my current Finance major. This will push graduation back one semester, and hopefully give me time to retry for next year. Thoughts?
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Current situation- it's a long one.
Grew up in upstate NY in the suburbs working in a country club full of big time ballers and bankers. I generally would keep my head down and perform the job at hand without so much as a glance at some of the huge name guys. I had no idea I wanted to...+36 by H.E. Penny Packer in OFF
- Does anyone here get annoyed when someone says they're in finance just because they work at a financial firm but does something completely unrelated to the industry?
I worked with another HR intern during my time at the PE firm. Once my summer internship came to an end, they wanted to...+32 by lleekyungsie805 in OFF
- In honor of this [disappointment](https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/ama-cre-broker-at-a-top-tier-firm#new), I thought the community could step up to the plate a bit. I used to be a CRE Broker (office leasing, mostly on the landlord side) at a firm that people will debate about below!
Ask...+19 by CRE in RE
- @WallStreetOasis.com" has been invaluable to me since I decided 5 years ago to make a career change into commercial real estate (from non finance) so its my turn to give back. I hope my story can help some people.
* Extreme non-target school (undergrad and MBA)
*...+18 by luv2speed in RE
- Hey guys - this group was very helpful to me 10 years ago when it was 2008 and I graduated and was looking to be an analyst from a non-target school in Texas. I started as an an investment analyst for a REPE fund.
Fast forward - I found my niche in real estate syndication and have now:
1. ...+17 by baylormale in RE
- There are a lot of conflicting views on this but every other day I see a post about WeWorks massive debt.
I also saw a post of a girl on LinkedIn that was offered a position, and then it was stripped away from her because they wanted her to sign a contract saying all future start up rights...+16 by isa2130953 in OFF
- This question is based off an article https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/07/17/what-wealthy-its-not-necessarily-becoming-millionaire/1744408001/ I saw today that states that only 13% of people with assets greater than $1 M actually feel wealthy. Most of these people lie in the $1M -$5M...+14 by quantgrunt in OFF
- Financial modeling is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of investment banks and other financial firms now have formal training programs, many students and prospective finance professionals are choosing to enroll in self-study financial...+13 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- How did you know that your SO or wife or husband was the one? I don't think soulmates or love at first sight exist because there are so many people in the world we can potentially have a happy relationship with and fall in love with. It's the staying happy part that's hard. I...+12 by studmonkey in OFF
- So a granola bar I hid behind my computer monitor is gone this morning. Does anyone have good stories about office food thieves?
I have a good suspicion of who stole it. They will come by shortly to say hello like most days and hint that the cleaning staff stole something off of their...+12 by WolfofWSO in OFF
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Jul24Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 7/24-7/268:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Aug02Rewind - Amazon Pitchbook M&A Deal Analysis + Q&A – 12am ET, 8/2(All day) Online
- Aug07Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 8/7-8/98:00 to 5:00 EDT Online