His economic policies (tax cuts for the rich, record deficits, outsourcing American jobs like manfactuering, increasing trade surplus with china, not cracking down on predatory home lenders, not giving us universal health care which puts us at a disadvantage vs japan and others, etc etc) have for sure hurt us. Look at Clinton, look at Bush. Only difference is the president.

sleepyguyb:
His economic policies (tax cuts for the rich, record deficits, outsourcing American jobs like manfactuering, increasing trade surplus with china, not cracking down on predatory home lenders, not giving us universal health care which puts us at a disadvantage vs japan and others, etc etc) have for sure hurt us. Look at Clinton, look at Bush. Only difference is the president.

are you retarded? the only difference is the president? wow. how ignorant are people nowadays

sleepyguyb:

clinton gave us the bubble, and its aftermath. not to mention squandering the opportunity to whack binladn and his scumbag compatriots.

now that's not the iraq debacle but still.

sleepyguyb:
outsourcing American jobs like manfactuering, increasing trade surplus with china, not cracking down on predatory home lenders, not giving us universal health care

Stop filling this board with left-wing communist chants. This is for a group of wannabe/existing investment bankers. This kind of red banter does not belong here. If you want to stop outsourcing and universal health care, try getting a job with the Kremlin. I'm reporting your sorry un-patriotic ass to Joseph McCarthy.

healthcare costs represent about a third to half of the pay difference between Japanese and American labors in the auto industry. universal healthcare would allow auto firms to remove those cost difference, becoming more competitive, improving americas economic position, improving the market. did you ever take econ? supply and demand come on

what would happen to the healthcare companies and the doctors as well. the competition in the field of medicine would decline making hospitals and things of the like deteriorate creating an unhealthy situation(ha). i dont know about you, but if i had a choice between two doctors, one of them was getting paid 50k the other 250k, i would go to the one that was 250k cuz he has more to lose and seems to better at what he does (first glance). maybe its just me...and dont go into the whole well the 50k doctor could be as good and youre just jaded by the money aspect crap

most people dont go into medicine for money. HTFH. btw by expanding coverage (aka increasing demand of people receiving medical care) will increase price as supply of doctors stays same or grows at a smaller rate. so your argument supports universial health care. HTH ywia

wow, how naive are you

"most people don't go into medicine for money"

maybe you went to a school with only a business school, but trust me, nearly all of my friends that are pre-med are only doing it because it's a lot of money, a lot of respect, and it's their "path," not all too different from our "path."

universal healthcare? take your fucking left wing bullshit to canada and shut the fuck up

"universal healthcare? take your fucking left wing bullshit to canada and shut the fuck up"

what a great argument. i now feel so much better about toyota being the #1 car maker in the world. yay loss of american jobs because "take your fucking left wing bullshit to canada and shut the fuck up"

also your friends must have been poor. all my friends who are doing medicine are doing so because they want to help people. doctors do NOT make a lot of money lol

sleepyguyb:
"universal healthcare? take your fucking left wing bullshit to canada and shut the fuck up"

what a great argument. i now feel so much better about toyota being the #1 car maker in the world. yay loss of american jobs because "take your fucking left wing bullshit to canada and shut the fuck up"

also your friends must have been poor. all my friends who are doing medicine are doing so because they want to help people. doctors do NOT make a lot of money lol

toyota's are mostly built in the US

Doctors can make 200-500k. That's not a lot of money?

Actually Toyotas are built in America while American cars are built overseas and doctors do make a lot of money. They obviously don't get paid as much as i-banking but compared to everyone else it's a lot. Just about every medical doctor makes 6 figures (after completing residency) which puts them in the top 1-2 percent of all wage earners in America.

sleepyguyb:
Only poors think 6 figures is a lot of money.

only "poors"? OMFG how ignorant are you? 70% of the population doesn't clear $100,000, and of the remainder, most families clear it by having TWO breadwinners instead of just one. Can you take a fucking look at reports? Most college grads with a bachelor's degree only make 30-40k coming out of school. People are extremely lucky to make anywhere near 200k after a long career with a single firm.

by no means am I enormously rich or dirt poor, but I still have enough insight to realize that there are far worse places to be in life.

Seriously, go pack your shit up and go to Canada. Maybe they can take that stick up your ass out for free, since they have universal healthcare.

id say in most places 300k is where one becames non-poor. in nyc, over 400k, maybe closer to 500k to become non-poor.

who cares if a lot of americans make under 100k, we have lots of poors its ok. theres a reason wal-mart is as big as it is. most americans score a 1000 on the SAT, is a 1200 kid somehow smart? no he's a dumb poor. HTFH YWIA

Enim qui placeat dignissimos eveniet rerum perspiciatis. Ex sed perspiciatis quaerat odio quas. Corrupti ratione consequatur consectetur delectus nesciunt. Dolorem minima deleniti quia eum rerum sapiente. Iure vero dolorem nostrum qui non.

Ducimus ipsa voluptas nostrum. Ipsum ut nostrum aut officia ad. Provident repellendus adipisci omnis rerum cumque velit nesciunt. Animi repellat incidunt sed dolor sed. Similique officiis voluptas ea quia repudiandae porro eveniet explicabo. Saepe assumenda eveniet facere sint delectus quidem illum.

Perspiciatis voluptas fuga nisi officia impedit. A reprehenderit sed reiciendis aliquid.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”