According to GoBuyside...

Point 72 Asset Management: Interviews AEA Investors: coffee chats Pamplona: coffee chats Odyssey: information sessions / resume drops passed ABRY: information sessions / resume drops passed Carlyle: breakfast event Golden Gate Capital: information event Warburg Pincus: breakfast TPG special situations: Dinner Towerbrook Capital: coffee chats

monkey168:

According to GoBuyside...

Point 72 Asset Management: Interviews
AEA Investors: coffee chats
Pamplona: coffee chats
Odyssey: information sessions / resume drops passed
ABRY: information sessions / resume drops passed
Carlyle: breakfast event
Golden Gate Capital: information event
Warburg Pincus: breakfast
TPG special situations: Dinner
Towerbrook Capital: coffee chats

Got that email this morning as well

It's partly based on groups and more specifically sometimes based on rec's (e.g., someone at the PE firm hits up a buddy or second year analyst who's already committed to the PE firm and asks who they should be looking out for.) HH's can certainly have a say too, though I am not sure how deep into their processes they've already gotten.

Recruiting events have begun and below are the events/interviews we can confirm: Ares Management event Clayton Dubilier and Rice coffee chats Silver Lake coffee chats Pegasus event Iconiq Capital event Maverick Capital event Advent International event TPG Capital dinner Bain Capital event Vector Capital coffee chats AEA Investors coffee chats Pamplona coffee chats Odyssey information sessions / resume drops passed ABRY information sessions / resume drops passed Carlyle breakfast event Golden Gate Capital information event / coffee chats Warburg Pincus breakfast TPG special situations Dinner Towerbrook Capital coffee chats Point 72 Asset Management interviews

Sincerely, The GoBuyside Team

the magnum:

All, take the gobuyside list with a grain of salt. They have misreported certain firms. For example, the ones I know they messed up are events/interviews with Carlyle, Warburg, Point 72, and Maverick. Or the HHs could be lying to me. Just be aware that the list may not be fully accurate.

It's not that they messed up. It's that you weren't part of the targeted pool of candidates. Gobuyside clarified that the Carlyle event was for women and probably a similar case for the others

I understand that. However, they only made the revision well over a week after they first published it. Second, for the other firms, as I said, either the headhunters are lying to me which could very well be the case or gobuyside may be improperly reporting. Could very well be because I don't fit the mold for the elite firms, won't lie about that. However, I have heard the same sort of sentiment from other people who have already went through the process in years past.

GoBuyside is legit. Traditional headhunters are typically not as well informed as GoBuyside (although I expect many of them to be somehow already registered on it) and can definitely be dishonest.

Can confirm, received two large cap offers last Wednesday. One of them is done with recruiting and I'd assume the other is too given they had to fill the spot not taken and probably did with ease.

"You rarely have time for everything you want in this life, so you need to make choices. And hopefully your choices can come from a deep sense of who you are." - Mister Rogers

Also, just want to dispel the notion that if you aren't invited to the dinner event/coffee chat, you're out of the process - that wasn't my experience at all.

"You rarely have time for everything you want in this life, so you need to make choices. And hopefully your choices can come from a deep sense of who you are." - Mister Rogers

Best Response

Thanks, I was pretty pumped. I'm at a BB. I'll likely make a post about my recruiting process to hopefully shed some light on how similar/different it was compared to what some posts on here will lead you to believe.

Forgive my ignorance, but if I had a final round with a firm last week and still haven't heard back, am I for sure dinged, or is there the possibility they a) are checking into my background or b) have me on a waitlist in case someone declines an offer? Not sure what the convention is, but I was told by HR that I would definitely receive a call with an outcome, even if it was a rejection.

fpm9789:

Forgive my ignorance, but if I had a final round with a firm last week and still haven't heard back, am I for sure dinged, or is there the possibility they a) are checking into my background or b) have me on a waitlist in case someone declines an offer? Not sure what the convention is, but I was told by HR that I would definitely receive a call with an outcome, even if it was a rejection.

A two week delay, given the speed of the PE recruiting cycle, is fairly reliably a ding.

"For all the tribulations in our lives, for all the troubles that remain in the world, the decline of violence is an accomplishment we can savor, and an impetus to cherish the forces of civilization and enlightenment that made it possible."

My firm usually leaves 1 spot open for an off cycle hire. Not every year but probably 2/3. Not necessarily for a 2nd year analyst. Just fill that spot within 12 months of the start date.

"If you want to succeed in this life, you need to understand that duty comes before rights and that responsibility precedes opportunity."

Generally speaking:

If you recruit for the first time as a second year, your chances of getting an interview are as good or potentially even better than if you were a first year. You will have to explain why you have not recruited as a first year but this should not be hard.

If you are a second year who has tried to recruit as a first year but was not successful, your chances are worse because headhunters see you as a liability. This is assuming that you are recruiting via the same headhunters in your second year.

Molestiae iusto iste in minima. Occaecati autem natus doloremque et dolore modi. Enim dolores facilis nam est voluptatem fuga ad debitis. Et et corrupti natus aut.

Molestiae dolore occaecati similique aspernatur ea consequuntur. Aliquam maxime tenetur consequatur numquam sequi aut quo. Officia illum ullam aut dolorem. Velit illo qui nemo reiciendis alias non. Qui nihil dolores animi.

Aut provident officia hic est vel et. Id expedita similique eos eligendi maxime debitis nulla. Quas voluptatem dolorum iure mollitia vero.

Sed eos nihil veniam nisi corrupti numquam. Neque eligendi porro in porro iusto. Consequatur id nihil aut est. Suscipit totam ipsam eveniet occaecati rerum illum eum. Possimus rerum nemo maiores ipsam dolor quisquam qui.

Ut doloremque sunt mollitia impedit adipisci sit dolore ipsam. Est quo autem laboriosam accusamus accusamus sed. Perspiciatis sint eos ad porro ipsa repellat nihil. Occaecati mollitia in excepturi vel molestiae occaecati.

Reiciendis sunt exercitationem tenetur deserunt. Dolorem aperiam eveniet officiis quasi eos.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Private Equity

• The Riverside Company 99.5%
  • Warburg Pincus 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Blackstone Group 98.9%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 98.4%
  • Ardian 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Bain Capital 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • Warburg Pincus 97.9%
  • Starwood Capital Group 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

• Principal (9) $653
  • Director/MD (21) $586
  • Vice President (92) $362
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (89) $280
  • 2nd Year Associate (204) $268
  • 1st Year Associate (386) $229
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (28) $157
  • 2nd Year Analyst (83) $134
  • 1st Year Analyst (246) $122
  • Intern/Summer Associate (32) $82
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (313) $59
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”