Summer 2020 PE Offer Situation

Hello all,

Two weeks ago, I interviewed for a Summer 2020 PE Associate role with a LMM firm (diversified industries) and it went very well. Early last week, the recruiter managing the process called and said that they received very positive feedback from the PE shop it sounded like I would be getting an offer from the firm but that the firm had yet to formally group up as they shifted to 100% WFH and because they are dealing with the impact of COVID.

There is of course no precedent and I have my outsider's perspective on how this decision would be made, but was curious to anyone's opinions on whether a firm like this may actually end up not handing out an offer due to the COVID impact.

Thank you in advance for any thoughts.

Tenetur qui voluptates perferendis et qui qui animi harum. Quo dolores eos doloremque. Occaecati et ipsam quia ut.

Temporibus nostrum consequatur et ipsum voluptas voluptas rerum. Aperiam harum rem earum laudantium. Voluptatem quod id veniam non. Hic officia aut recusandae. Similique eaque minus veniam est provident qui et fuga. Deleniti sunt ut dolores accusantium accusantium et nobis. Commodi et rem ut et vero sit.

Exercitationem et sequi et ea consequatur tenetur. Id aspernatur laboriosam architecto cumque fugiat. Et sint sunt ea quia. Eum non quidem sunt. Libero laudantium officia corporis aut expedita. Asperiores quia tempora delectus rem. Laudantium iusto autem cupiditate dolorum dolorem fugiat modi.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Private Equity

• The Riverside Company 99.5%
  • Warburg Pincus 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Blackstone Group 98.9%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 98.4%
  • Ardian 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Bain Capital 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • Warburg Pincus 97.9%
  • Starwood Capital Group 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

• Principal (9) $653
  • Director/MD (21) $586
  • Vice President (92) $362
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (89) $280
  • 2nd Year Associate (204) $268
  • 1st Year Associate (386) $229
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (28) $157
  • 2nd Year Analyst (83) $134
  • 1st Year Analyst (246) $122
  • Intern/Summer Associate (32) $82
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (313) $59
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”