Summer 2021 recruiting

I am currently a freshman and will be moving into a wealth management intern position for this summer. Going into sophomore year, I wanted to get an idea of what IB firms have started recruitment for summer 2021 internship positions. What should I expect from this process, and what I should prepare for. Thank you for your help!

Most Helpful

He's referring to sophomore SA 21, which is a different recruiting cycle than normal SA 21 which is happening now. OP, BBs usually begin recruiting rising sophomores late summer/early fall. As you know, BBs don't really take many sophomores. For example, GS/MS/JPM are all taking 10 sophomores each for this upcoming summer. BAML/Citi/CS expand a little bit more and take upwards of 20-40 each. UBS/DB takes roughly the same amount if not more. However, a lot of these spots are designed for outstanding/high-performing diversity kids, while non-diversity kids do manage to get in as well. If you can manage to secure a spot, congrats because you will be well ahead of the rest for recruiting junior year

No application is live right now on any bank's website for sophomores. The timeline is late summer/early fall, just make sure you stay on top of it because it comes and goes really fast. The BBs look for their top top target schools (HYPW) for this program because it's the race for the best talent. As a result, you have to be proactive and be on your game if you're not from one of those schools.

These programs have always been a bit tricky in the sense that everyone applying only has 2 semesters of college under the belt. With that being said, how much can a freshman in college really do to make them stand out? First thing is most of these BB programs are designed for diversity kids so if that's you, good. If not, you still have a chance, of course. Do you have a decently solid GPA? Do you have an internship for this summer? Are you on an investment management club at school? Etc. Networking never hurts either. In terms of other BBs beside the ones mentioned above, I am not sure who else runs sophomore internships.

Voluptatum quo ab nesciunt repellat. Consectetur quo non aut occaecati tenetur ut. Sequi doloremque et odit assumenda. Totam maiores omnis eum. Omnis nam mollitia porro dolorum animi qui.

Ipsa aut ut nobis ipsam quis sit. Ut iste quidem ea.

Odit fugit voluptas excepturi esse placeat itaque. Ab eligendi et id voluptate. Hic id delectus eos perspiciatis omnis.

Aut sunt dolores illum et quos dignissimos. Dignissimos iure aliquid vitae libero non soluta ut. Ex eius quibusdam accusamus molestiae id facere totam aperiam. Quis natus asperiores facilis illum non omnis incidunt doloribus. Rem nobis ab et amet nam et. Iusto omnis mollitia doloremque veniam esse quas. Quam facilis est expedita nihil excepturi.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”