I would argue these companies would provide a better experience than BBs or even EBs would for someone who is interested in being a career banker. Lean teams led by a few rainmakers who jumped from BBs and EBs would provide a lot of exposure to said rainmakers, and these places usually have a faster promotion track. 

Obviously there are risks like what if one of the rainmakers died or something, but this would obviously be dependent on ones own risk tolerance. 

I think the ideal path would be to start at a BB or EB then jump ship to one of these places. 

Intern in IB - Ind

I would argue these companies would provide a better experience than BBs or even EBs would for someone who is interested in being a career banker. Lean teams led by a few rainmakers who jumped from BBs and EBs would provide a lot of exposure to said rainmakers, and these places usually have a faster promotion track. 

Obviously there are risks like what if one of the rainmakers died or something, but this would obviously be dependent on ones own risk tolerance

I think the ideal path would be to start at a BB or EB then jump ship to one of these places. 

No, they cannot provide a better experience than BBs or EBs.

Laborare Pugnare Parati Sumus

Similar to what I've heard from my mentors. 150-180 range.

Why so salty? You can just scroll past these discussions. It’s not like you’re getting calendar invites to provide inputs.

Incentrum itself is very difficult to break into because it's largely Yale people. Unless you have an existing in to the firm, are from Yale, are specifically experienced in their target industries, or have experience at another merchant bank, it's not easy to break into. That being said, I've heard the culture is great, although work-life balance is about normal (meaning, bad) for a smaller boutique. Heard that comp is average for boutiques but not sure what that means specifically $#s-wise.

How difficult is it to land a FT position at these boutiques? I signed with a (reputable) MM recently but regret not learning more about boutiques like DBO/Dyal. I’m guessing they only have a couple FT spots for lateral candidates right?

Just wondering why Incentrum is listed with DBO and Dyal? What deals has Incentrum worked on? I tried checking their website and some databases, but I can’t find anything.

I go to one of the target schools they interview at for summer internships, but wasn't able to convert on an offer. The caliber of the people they hire is pretty high, and speaking of Dyal they actually have a guy who worked there before. Not to digress from comp, but i felt like culture was pretty laid-back at Incentrum as an outsider looking in. One of the senior guys actually reached out to me letting me know that I wasn't moving on as opposed to them just ghosting me. Can't comment much on why there hasn't been any deals publicized but they did say dealflow was good

Well, there are hundreds of boutiques. OP is specifically referring to top boutiques outside of what people here recognize as EBs. I can see why DBO and Dyal would be considered top boutiques. But I haven't seen anything re: Incentrum that suggests they're of the same caliber. What deals have they closed that makes them above most boutiques?

Most Helpful

Incentrum's management team came to my school to give a presentation. The partners decided to create the firm because they believed the public-ownership structure of BBs nowadays makes it harder for them personally to make lots of money. It was like they were being completely transparent about being greedy, I respected that. I have met a few analysts there, describe a work hard play hard culture and pay seems to be good. Analysts I met had more nontraditional finance backgrounds for what it's worth.

Both analysts I met summered before FT and neither had extensive finance experience prior to their internships. I think more public policy oriented internships and no membership in campus finance clubs. If you apply FT they would probably expect IB/PE experience, but for interns they seem relatively open-minded about who to take. Disclaimer, these are personal anecdotes from the event.

How is the comp at the Raine Group? Also a “rising boutique”

Accusantium est facere quia in expedita. Sint et est voluptatem aut. Natus voluptatem molestiae quaerat laudantium quia quidem dolor.

Aliquid et totam adipisci doloribus. Quasi repellendus pariatur consectetur est id fugiat et. Ut velit exercitationem reprehenderit voluptate ducimus atque.

Inventore sit dolorem sequi beatae suscipit. Corporis ut excepturi amet. Sed ex consequatur est et.

Ipsam autem corporis et qui. Est hic ea qui mollitia dolorum error. Et sunt adipisci consequatur iure ullam qui. Aut aut autem dignissimos est.

Cum libero a nisi inventore fugit iure aut. Officiis perspiciatis asperiores repellendus voluptatem. Alias nostrum sed sed suscipit ipsum vel.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”