Summer Intern 2007 - which bank ?

hi guys,

I am a 1st year MBA student, I am 27, I was in Sales and Manufacturing prior to my MBA but i am not an engineer (come from BBA)

Basically I am now learning more about IBanking and I wanted to know more the BB banks and the differences between them.

Basically I am interested mostly in M&A. Could you guys just give me like a snapshot of the 5-6 best banks and their kind of culture (work hard, pay well, great tem spirit....^_^.....dream)

Thanks in advance for your help

Best Response

Thanks,

That was pretty fast but do each one has a general reputation ? I mean I could find the BB banks but it is hard to know the "street feeling" about those banks. For example it seems that Lehman is kind of a "backstabbing" place, at least this is what I understood by reading several comments. I'd like to know more about the others banks too.

I am also interested in financial sponsors, is there some bb famous for that group ?

Anyway thank you guys for this great forum, very interestesting for people interested in doing ibanking.

I can't say about the rep as havn't worked in these places. But the places I mentioned have a good name. Goldman in Banking terms is top notch and Greenhill and blackstyone have a top name as boutiques.

As for things like backstabbing it will happen everywhere. In these places the stakes are high and everyone wants to gt ahead, so expect that sort of thing. Else go to a tier 2 bank. But even there it is the same.

All these places work you hard, but goldmans from what i hear really puts its's employees through there paces and sacks a lot of people too

wow, jk is a blathering fool and should not be giving advice about this, judging from his posts here and elsewhere. he is probably drooling on his keyboard this very second. jesus christ, the idiocy in this thread is so overbearing i can hardly breathe. antmavel, next time you start a thread don't ramble and just ask your questions. let me clear the air:

• you want to know the culture at each of the top 6 banks. i shouldn't try to answer that one, but keep bumping the thread and someone will be able to.

• you asked which banks have the best sponsors groups. generally, i've heard it's CSFB, MS, JPM, and UBS. you also said you were interested in M&A, so keep in mind some banks specifically have an M&A Group.

"jk is a blathering fool and should not be giving advice about this, judging from his posts here and elsewhere. "

sounds a lot like yourself, zala.

Reprehenderit debitis omnis ut dolorem. Incidunt voluptatem et et ad. Adipisci fugiat quae cumque voluptas. Hic ullam pariatur consequatur iusto placeat sequi sit. Tenetur non quia et. Dolorem veritatis assumenda sed velit.

Est molestiae quaerat aut qui dolor. Dolorum possimus quis doloribus doloribus. Laudantium amet excepturi aut mollitia. Tenetur voluptatem dolores voluptas voluptatibus. At provident pariatur omnis qui rerum nemo. Aut autem recusandae quibusdam quae adipisci in hic.

Consequuntur omnis cumque possimus modi doloremque odio amet. Fugiat facere tempore voluptatem. Incidunt repellendus qui et explicabo qui. Vitae quibusdam minus dolor et. Iure in est enim inventore enim.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”