Summer Internship Decision: JPM PB vs D&C ER
Hi everyone! :)
I am a Spanish graduate student attending an Ivy League university in the US (think Wharton/Columbia/Yale) studying finance and economics. I know I want to work in the Buy Side but I am still unsure if I should do. I appreciate work/life balance and I would like to work in EU (UK/ Spain/ Switzerland) after graduation.
I have two interesting offers for this summer and both have pros and cons, so I am not sure which one to choose, given that both want me to intern with them on July-August. The positions and characteristics are the following:
- Dodge & Cox - Macroeconomic Research Intern.
- Company: The fund is quite prestigious and the Macro team is composed of Harvard PhDs, so the job should be quite interesting and technical (I like macro).
- Location: San Francisco (but probably will be remote)
- Future prospects: Full-time return offer very unlikely. Additionally, I am European and have preference to work full-time in EU post-graduation.
- Pay: Very high for an internship
- - Investment Analyst Intern.
- Company: No need to introduce. PB has a good work/life balance and the job is basically asset for UHNWI (€25M+).
- Location: 1 week in London and rest in Madrid, Spain (on site)
- Future prospects: Full-time return offer likely. They encourage movement between offices so I could also end up working in London or Geneva.
- Pay: Average (high for Spain but low for US)
What do you think is the best option given my profile?
Thanks a lot for your help in advance!