[Switching industries] What level employees to reach out to/cold call at bigger firms?
Been trying to break into RE at a bigger-size shop (KPMG, CBRE, JLL, etc.) but don't know anyone in these firms (graduated from Midwest/Ohio years back). Saw a post from a while ago here about a 2-yr analyst telling how he'd want to be reached out to (albeit the industry was banking) but can't find it.
What level employees do you guys reach out to for scheduling cold call coffees/interviews/phone calls to try and break into these firms starting from scratch? Should I be targeting associates or mid-level management?
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Have always wondered this. Investment banks have been around long before excel - even back to the 80s and 90s - so how would investment banks and private equity firms create IPO pricing, valuations, LBOs, etc?+25 by Howard Hughes in IB
- I figured that I'd give back/pay it forward in one form or another after being in the industry for a while. Frankly, the most relevant thing I could think of was advice on people searching for new opportunities. My advice is more tailored towards fundamental investing hedge fund recruiting...+23 by floppity in HF
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis private equity resume template for experienced professionals, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in private equity.
For those of you with deal or project experience coming...+23 by WallStreetOasis.com in PE
- It’s been a while since I’ve visited WSO. Yet in my early 20s, this was the place that I would often come to for information and guidance. In the spirit of giving back, I’ll share my story and a few nuggets of wisdom that I believe may help others who are also trying to strive in their...+13 by halfstep in HF
- Ouch... prestige attempts done the wrong way AND caught no less!
Prosecutors filed charges against 33 parents, accused of paying between $200,000 and $6.5 million to get their children into elite universities. Those indicted include actresses Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman [actress and...+10 by InfoDominatrix in OFF
- I've been on buy side, currently bulge bracket ER. I've got a liberal arts undergrad in classics and non target MBA. Ask me anything, would like to help those in need. Best, nerd +10 by nerd13 in ER
- The WSO Job board is now free for anyone that wants to apply...all anyone has to do is upload a resume and they will be allowed to submit their application. Create Your Oasis Job Profile
Here's a peak inside: +10 by WallStreetOasis.com in JOB
- Let's say if you go to any company in the world for the sole purpose of "learning", where would it be? McKinsey? Goldman Sachs? +9 by 2733278823 in OFF
- Since this topic comes up on WSO every now and then, I thought that it might help to collect everything in one list. The underlying definition is all "interest bearing liabilities". I will split it up into “positive items” and “negative items” which are subtracted.
For some I...+9 by plsfixtx in IB
- I appreciated the info I got from this forum when I was applying so figured I’d pay it forward.
**** Briefly about me:
* I am a PhD at an MBB in N Europe
* Joined ~2.5 years ago as entry level (think BA/A/AC)
* Now am an Associate/Consultant level
* I have worked through...+8 by Hughly741 in CO
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Mar13Oil & Gas Industry Financial & Valuation Modeling --- Houston, 3/13-3/158:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Mar15Free SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app (2 days only)!(All day) Online
- Mar20Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 3/20-3/228:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Mar20WSO Toronto Meet Up: Wed March 20th, 7:30pm, The Pint Public House7:30 EDT Toronto, ON