Just hoping to get some input on how the new tax bill impacts PE (if this has already been discussed please let me know-new here). It looks like the biggest concerns are the extension on the carried interest holding period (to 3 yrs) and cap on business interest deduction. PE stocks took a hit at the beginning of last month after the House bill came out but seem to be rebounding somewhat. Any idea what we can expect moving forward, e.g. how this affects PE long term?
Anonymous Monkey, Upload Your Resume - Land a Job
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis Investment Banking Resume Template for undergraduate students, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in investment banking.
For those of you looking to make sure your CV...+91 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- Mod Note (Andy): make sure to see the top comment below by user APAE
Created a burner account here to talk about burnout and life choices. For reference, I went to a semi-target, did 2 years at a BB/EB, and have finished up ~1 year in PE. In between, I took a prolonged summer gap -...+62 by monkey_brah in OFF
- Posts like these are a dime a dozen, but I need to tell my story so that the next kid can take inspiration if they ever stumble onto this post. This is a long post, but I promise it's worth it.
Was born and raised in Australia to immigrant, lower-class parents. We...+30 by notbad4aquant in SCSS
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis private equity resume template for experienced professionals, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in private equity.
For those of you with deal or project experience coming...+22 by WallStreetOasis.com in PE
- Any creative subtle solutions on dealing with a cocky intern who likes to re-iterate everything you say and talk over you?+22 by Chimp scampi in OFF
- *"You could then go twice long the market, be short my portfolio, and have 2X the market plus a few percent, minus your cost of the additional carry. And that's the proposition, and that's why short selling alpha is so prized in the marketplace when you can find it, because it...+18 by CuriousCharacter in MKT
- So some of the zips that work on my team continue to toss this buzz word around as if Peter Drucker coined it himself in his most recent HBS Case Study.
What is the deal with this 'gig economy' I keep hearing about? Am I the only one who wants to sleep and have fun while I'm...+17 by WolfofWSO in OFF
- Hi all,
I just wanted to start a thread for great books that people recommend reading in their free time. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Although finance book recommendations are great, I really want to start reading books that will change my perspective on the world.
Cheers! +14 by StrictlyNovice in OTH
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Jun25Webinar: McKinsey Consulting Case - Grocery Save -- 9pm ET, 6/25/189:00 to 10:00 EDT Online
- Jun26Podcast: How to become a VC -- Ali Hamed-- 6/26/1812:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- Jun28Dallas WSO Meet Up - Thur June 28th, 730-10pm, The Rustic 7:30 to 10:00 EDT Dallas, TX
- Jun28Toronto WSO Meet Up: June 28, 8pm, Paupers Pub (539 Bloor St) 8:00 EDT Toronto
- Jun29For 2 days only, FREE SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app!(All day) Online