How to prepare for F500 Corp Fin Interview?

How can I best prepare for the technical portion of an interview for the FT position in F500 biotech company?

I am assuming that the interview will not be as technical as banking/AM/trading, but still what kind of technical questions should I prepare for?

Thanks

The main things I've seen across all industries (from people I've talked it) are 1) know the financial statements and how they relate to each other and 2) working capital. Other than that, check WSO's company database and go to glassdoor, find the company, and search the interviews section of that company for both "finance" and "accounting".

"You stop being an asshole when it sucks to be you." -IlliniProgrammer "Your grammar made me wish I'd been aborted." -happypantsmcgee

Haha, glad I could help. Just make sure to do as much research as possible - there is interview info out there for most companies (or, if not that specific company, check for companies in the same industry). And, of course, know all the basic too (know a bit about the company, DEFINITELY know what they do heheh).

Best of luck man, let us know how it goes!

"You stop being an asshole when it sucks to be you." -IlliniProgrammer "Your grammar made me wish I'd been aborted." -happypantsmcgee

Best Response

I would say that for a Freshman internship with F500, you will get mostly or all behavioral questions. Being able to demonstrate interest in finance is important. Read the wall street journal and take note of something related to the same industry your trying to intern in. For technicals, worst case would be an accounting question or two linking the financial statements together or related to basic cash flow. I would learn everything you can about your company though to include skimming through their recent SEC filings www.sec.gov and noting revenue, income, and more importantly new products/ M&A activity and then try to briefly discuss one of them during the interview. If you do those things and don't have a personality defiency you should have a great shot.

Eveniet cumque minus dolorem odit sed dignissimos voluptas. Quo impedit aut quod ducimus. Iusto et enim quia quis explicabo. Assumenda quia velit ipsa tenetur. Nobis dicta odit quia earum aut maiores sit ex. Voluptatum occaecati et eum aspernatur libero dicta.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”