I have a few first round associate-level interviews with PEs coming up over the next couple of weeks, and I know at least one of these will involve a mini case study on one of their portfolio companies. What do you think the types of questions I should be prepping for are? I currently have...
- General understanding of the business and revenue model
- Understanding of the transaction (as much as I can find online)
- Reasons why it was a good/bad investment
- What were the risks?
- What the PE has done with the business since purchase and reasoning behind these decisions
- What would you do to prep for exit? (they've held the business for 6 years)
What other questions would you be prepping for?
Thanks in advance!
Private Equity Interview Course
- 2,447 questions across 203 private equity funds. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 mem.
- 9 Detailed LBO Modeling Tests and 15+ hours of video solutions.
- Trusted by over 1,000 aspiring private equity professionals just like you.