I'm very intrigued by Yale SOM and would like to hear people's thoughts on this. From what I've gathered, the following are the pros and cons of yale som. Please no trolling-serious responses only.
1. Dean Snyder has done an amazing job of reviving the school.
2. The new building opening in December 2013 is amazing.
3. Very well integrated with Yale University.
4. Small tight-knit class, not competitive.
5. Different from other b-schools in that it's not predominantly a finance/consulting school-serves a niche in this regard.
6. Excellent faculty.
1. Very young school and a small weak alumni base.
2. Mediocre job placement at top finance and consulting firms.
3. Seen by Yale as its "ugly stepsister."
4. No social respect, prestige, or status. If you're hoping to impress people with your MBA degree, Yale SOM is not the right school for you.