I've only had this happen once in an interview, but it comes up a lot at networking sessions and as an "ice breaker" in other situations.
What do you guys use?
Interesting Facts About Yourself
It's a bit awkward sometimes to answer this "funny facts about me" interview question, so it's best to be prepared. Some tips on topics you could talk about without seeming too unprofessional.
- Hobbies like playing sports, watching certain sport teams (safe)
- Exotic or weird locations you've traveled to
- Specific food you like that is not typical in whatever culture you are in
- Anything that is not on your resume that you are proud of
Fun Facts About Me - Don't Make Too Fun
Depending on the context, you don't want to get too personal or too weird/fun, especially in an interview setting. Usually, it's best to check with some friends who will be honest with you before settling on a few answers to this "fun facts" question that you can go to confidently when this inevitably pops up!
Preparing for Investment Banking Interviews?
The WSO investment banking interview course is designed by countless professionals with real world experience, tailored to people aspiring to break into the industry. This guide will help you learn how to answer these questions and many, many more.
Find Your Mentor
- Increase your chance of landing a job by matching with one of our 200+ mentors.
- Our mentors are top employees at the most selective firms.
- Proven process with over 1,100 clients over 10 years.