I'm currently working in Big 4 in the Financial Services Group. My hours since starting 2 months ago have been quite bad. Common to be at client sites from 8-9 7 days a week. I am told that this will continue until MARCH, albeit the amount of weekend work may subside! Man, I want to switch to banking just so I can get PAID for the hours I put in. I feel seriously undercompensated, especially when you factor in all of the studying I must somehow do to eventually get my professional designation. But, at least the summer isn't busy. How do you guys do it all year around? And would you still do it if you were getting paid literally half the money?
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Income inequality, a topic that gets discussed a lot here.
I've been reading up on it, namely books and a lot of articles. Would like to hear other's thoughts on it.
My main thought is, would it be unavoidable? I feel there are two classes of people with money. Basically,...+60 by ironman32 in OFF
- My first big break was back in freshman year, I managed to cold call the head of investment banking at X bank. Managed to impress him enough to say he would help in pushing my resume for an interview for that year's internship. But never got the internship nor interview for the summers...+38 by kyleluck in IB
- Just wanted to start a conversation as it's something I ponder almost every day and I'm sure many of you have valuable perspectives+28 by pablo escobartard in OFF
- For deals that aren't going exactly as planned, what's an LP to do? I'm curious if anyone has examples of when LP's have had a positive influence on the ultimate outcome of a project, even if they were just pref equity and didn't have much legal standing in the operating...+26 by wso_4 in RE
Below is an AMA podcast + some key takeaways on fundraising for PE and HFs.
I was in-house IR at a couple PE shops (1 successful, 2 not) and was head of cap intro at a BB ibank.
What questions do you have for me?
I'll do my best to cover / answer them all.
WSO...+15 by earthwalker7 in PE
- What books do you recommend!?
Name any of your top picks - finance related or not.
* Venture Deals - Brad Feld (Great for VC)
* Prince of Tides - Pat Conroy (literally nothing to do with finance just a great book- sad tho)
* Straight to Hell by John Lefevre (stories from a...+14 by isa2130953 in IB
I’m new to the WSO community and received an email to do an AMA. I’ll be honest, I rarely open myself up to anyone in person, much less online. But, I do this in the spirit of paying it forward. Hopefully my journey can help others in this community.
Brief background: BS...+13 by Rogue_Pogue_Monkey in BSCH
- I've been questioning my path recently. I'll be applying for full time positions soon and there's part of me that isn't 100% sold on what I am doing. It feels like it is the right path but I know there are so many other paths out there.
For me, if I hadn't spent so...+12 by tudorg in OFF
- So our (regional BB) office just wrapped up recruiting for Summer 2020 Analysts, and I thought to provide some stream-of-consciousness feedback on what candidates did right, and what they did not do right.
###Candidates we hired exhibited the following traits:
1. Acting normal, humble,...+12 by Synergy_or_Syzygy in IB
- Fairly Simple. How much do you spend to maintain your lifestyle? What changes would you make to your lifestyle in the future?
As for me annually
Cars: Still drive a crappy car and don't have plan to upgrade, $2,000 on gas
Food: $3,000 goes to grocery,...+12 by ConservativelyLeveredCat in OFF
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Jun15Free SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app (2 days only)!(All day) Online
- Jun17Webinar: CFA - is it right for you? -- 9pm ET, 6/17/20199:00 EDT Online
- Jun18Podcast: How to be time rich -- Camille Holden -- 6/1812:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- Jun19Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 6/19-6/218:00 to 5:00 EDT Online