With the rumors of hiring freeze lingering around The Street, the worst of times and the dark clouds seem to be hanging around and not leaving anytime soon. Withon the freeze and stoppage on hiring, the fear of summer analysts who are currently working for those firms are blooming. "...internal transfers have been put on hold. Current interns from last year who haven't been placed in a group yet are unlikely to be placed..." (dealbreaker). This will certainly instill fears for current summer analysts or recent graduates. On the contrary, top-notch boutique seems to be on a hiring frenzy, poaching bankers from other firms. Also, many middle-market firms do not seem to be slowing down and plan on aggressively expanding to try to close the gap with bulge bracket firms. Are middle-market firms going to climb the wish list for many upperclassmen of universities across the country? And will MM firms close the gap with bulge bracket firms soon (at least the ones who do not plan on staying in their current comfort zone of being a player in the middle market)?
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- I have been on this website for more than ten years and thought I would dish out a bit of advice.
####A bit of background:
I worked up to director level in trading, before going to get an MBA and changing industry to work in private equity. The exact same story repeated itself, so I thought...+46 by Disjoint in JOB
- ***4/9 UPDATE: This is taking a little more time than I expected, and while I do appreciate and welcome all the questions, I will be a little less active on this starting tomorrow. Will still try to get to all questions though. Feel free to ask, comment and discuss though. Thanks all....+18 by monkeyking722 in IB
- I remember back when I was still a student, being intimidated by the idea of having to form "models" - despite my undergrad being in physics.
It turns out in finance, "modelling" just means dividing one excel cell by another, saying "yeah sure, that growth will...+15 by Leonardo-Cope in IB
- I'm a Physical Trader in the Asia region and look after a combined book of +1Mt for origination and sales of dry-bulk commodities. My background has been in some way or form of international trade, with 6+ years in operations before getting into a trading gig. I trade majority of dry bulk...+14 by UnfinishedSentenc in TR
- Bridgewater's Ray Dalio [wrote a post about "Why and How Capitalism Needs to be Reformed,"](https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-how-capitalism-needs-reformed-parts-1-2-ray-dalio/?published=t/) claiming that the outcomes of capitalism are no longer consistent with the system’s...+12 by CRE in OFF
- Given the post about best master in EU to land a job in IB, I thought could be interesting to share which master I think could help you get a job in S&T/Quant, based previous research, personal experience and advices of friends in trading/quant positions.
In S&T and Quant the concept...+11 by BrianHunter in BSCH
- Financial modeling is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of investment banks and other financial firms now have formal training programs, many students and prospective finance professionals are choosing to enroll in self-study financial...+10 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
I haven't posted much on here, but I've been a lurker for some time and have been helped out by many of your posts. I now hope to return the favor and give some insight into the private bank/wealth management world with this AMA.
I went to a target...+10 by MileHighMonkey in AM
- Has anyone made the switch from being an analyst at a single manager to being a PM on any of the platforms?
As background, I've been at a single manager for 4 years and have covered my sector for a total of 8 years. I'm making ok but not great money for someone my level (500-750K)...+8 by bulge4lyf in HF
- Hey all,
I was able to acquire a small managed service business a few months ago ~1M Revenue, 300k EBITDA almost all recurring revenue. I am looking to acquire another one in a different area ~3h flight away from where I am living now.
The deal is ~2M Revenue and ~500K EBITDA, with about...+8 by takenotes08 in PE
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Apr12WSO Paris Happy Hour: Fri 12 April, 8pm @ Bar des Halles2:00 EDT Online
- Apr15Free SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app (2 days only)!(All day) Online
- Apr16Podcast: Hustle -- Eric Bahn -- 4/1612:00 to 1:00 EDT Online