The S&P500 isn't so bad

I always struggled with the fact that I didn't invest in the Nasdaq 100, but the S&P500 isn't so bad. I still have a chip on my shoulder for making such a bad investment decision, but compared to the rest of the world, the S&P500's solid. Just wanted to point this out.

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (3)

Nov 28, 2021 - 12:09pm

S&P500 is a great investment. If you're just starting out, I think it's one of the best to provide access to both value and growth investing in major companies / major industries. Good risk/ reward return. If you're more experienced, I would recommend having it in the overall portfolio. 

Most of the, if not all, QQQ resides in the S&P500 so you are getting exposure to the NASDAQ. But, unlike primary growth plays, the S&P500 gives you access to value stocks, better dividends, etc. Never forget about the dividend and it's effect on TOTAL RETURN. You can use it to repurchase or take in cash and fund other investments. Long term, it's a very good and relatively safe space in equity investing. It's a great place to be for a chunk of your assets.

Most Helpful
Nov 30, 2021 - 9:48am

Magnam corrupti corrupti iure harum quisquam maiores. Nemo sed ipsam reiciendis est. Odio aliquam dolor officia alias. Sit dignissimos quis consequatur aliquam quia molestiae sit. Facilis consectetur enim maxime aut et molestiae omnis.

Molestias ut sint facilis. Consequatur tempora veniam eaque animi. Nulla at nulla dicta quis est eius sapiente. Dolorem iste excepturi et ut aspernatur ea et alias.

Facere suscipit officia impedit repellat tempore. Repudiandae itaque et sequi rem voluptas reprehenderit iste. Quia molestiae ut error eveniet dolorem tempore eaque. Eum eveniet itaque qui voluptatem. Occaecati est sit minus molestiae sed est iste. Omnis quibusdam dolores quia et ut ex ratione. Cumque excepturi esse reprehenderit voluptas soluta aut.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

November 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (40) $360
  • Associates (236) $235
  • 2nd Year Analyst (145) $156
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (34) $154
  • Intern/Summer Associate (107) $146
  • 1st Year Analyst (514) $136
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (394) $84