They fired almost all their analysts one time. Edgemont basically pulled the Brown Gibbons Lang & Co. moves on all the junior folks. Plus I heard they aren't on any  relevant pitches or bake offs that are note worthy anyway. So many better HC shops out there. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks.. did they fire the analysts to not pay bonuses out ? Or what exactly ?

They fired half of their analysts in the middle of the year and I imagine first years didn't get any bonuses paid. Perhaps VPs and above did but they don’t clearly respect any junior folks. Reputation is not something they care about it seems smh. 

This place has such a horrible rep, had some buddies go through recruiting a couple years back and what they mentioned was just unbelievably unprofessional, from last minute rescheduling in-person interviews (after traveling on own dime to NYC office), to getting halfway through a superday and ghosting them in office for an hour to finally asking them to leave because “someone got tied up” to fully ghosting them after, and finally to accidentally emailing one friend about how bad another kid’s interview performance was (the associate accidentally replied all to a thread with multiple interviewees).

Pretty crazy because these are 3 friends all one year who all independently had these interactions.

I had the same experience a few years back. They had to reschedule a ton of times with me but it’s not just that but their attitude when conducting the interview process. Everyone just didn't seem interested in interviewing anyone. They straight up ghosted me during superday and just had this really snotty vibe. These guys are definitely behind all the other players in the LMM healthcare space so they shouldnt act like they’re the shit. An associate during the interview mentioned that he wished to have not been laid off from his BB. Like WTF? Very unprofessional as any other shop looks decent even TAP Advisors lmao. Super glad I landed an offer elsewhere and didnt have to deal with these duds again lol. 

Most Helpful

Earum sunt animi natus fugiat animi repellat. Asperiores non eligendi esse. Ut pariatur delectus dolorem ea dolores harum. Provident sit maxime perspiciatis voluptatem. Maxime asperiores voluptatibus est inventore non.

Et et laboriosam natus consequatur et non. Est dignissimos cupiditate facere iste perspiciatis aut. Et qui ullam pariatur occaecati voluptas. Quidem quo officia hic molestiae at qui id molestiae.

Blanditiis explicabo totam eum voluptate repellendus dolorem error. Voluptas magni tempore similique quo quisquam at excepturi. Cumque aut architecto voluptates omnis nihil et. Nemo incidunt inventore facilis dignissimos et autem nihil. At impedit quis doloremque sint.

Pariatur quisquam possimus exercitationem illum. Sint possimus quidem quo.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”