Tips to motivate yourself to work when you don't feel like doing so
Monkeys, we all have those days where we're really not feeling it but we have to get some work done anyway. Especially, as we come closer to the end of the year and with the holidays close by, how do you keep yourself motivated at work? All I can think of these days is the vacation ahead and how I plan on spending it. Any tips to overcome these blues (apart from the motivation to hold on to the job)?
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- I am still not sure if this will add any value or if anyone will find this useful, but I've seen a couple of "Too old to break into IB?" topics lately and I thought I'd share my journey with you. The advice and stories I've read on this forum have helped me maintain my...+73 by Jack M.T. in SCSS
- Sitting at my desk here just waiting for things to wind down so thought I’d give back to the community and try my first long form post. I did some interviewing last year but this year I was heavily involved for both SA and FT interviews so thought I’d lay out some observations / behind the...+70 by NuclearPenguins in IB
- Heard Wilbur Ross's comments early about government employees going to homeless shelters/food banks as they are on the eve of missing a second paycheck.
Just wanted to hear the finance/"Oasis" thoughts on this matter. For me, on one hand, obviously this isn't right,...+49 by ironman32 in OFF
- First some background, I am a senior and am heading to a quant shop for full time this summer. This past recruiting cycle I received offers from Two Sigma, Citadel, Old Mission, Hudson River Trading, DE Shaw, Jump, and Five Rings Capital for positions ranging from pure dev to pure quant. I study...+38 by quantfin in TR
- Fellow monkeys,
Online probably isn't the best place to seek for advice but would like an external perspective regardless.
Some background: HYP undergrad, and a current 1st year associate at a BB Financial Sponsors Group in NYC. I recently got an offer to join a PE MF at another...+33 by haxx0r31337 in OFF
- Watched the FYRE documentary over the weekend (the Netflix one, not HULU). Did anyone else see this? Wanted to see what everyone else was thinking. Mainly, it's crazy how people think they take/scam people out of their money, and also, how people get scammed out of their money. Made me...+33 by ironman32 in OFF
- **Disclaimer: Semi-target Alumni**
Now that training is finishing up at my bank (GS/MS), I wanted to share with WSO how radically different the analyst class make up is compared to the pre-conceived notion of it being filled with mostly target schools.
Sure, once again Wharton put the...+31 by westsider in IB
- Gotta love it when you ask for an analysis and this is the response, “*I didn’t check my work, but here you go*.”+30 by ARX713 in IB
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Feb04Webinar: CFA - is it right for you? -- 9pm ET, 2/4/199:00 to 10:00 EST Online
- Feb04Webinar: What & What NOT to Say to Headhunters -- 9pm ET, 2/4/189:00 to 10:00 EST Online
- Feb05Podcast: The story of Venmo -- Andrew Kortina -- 2/512:00 to 1:00 EST Online
- Feb06Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- Minneapolis, 2/6-2/88:00 to 5:00 EST Online
- Feb08WSO Paris Happy Hour: Fri 8 Feb, 8pm @ Bar des Halles2:00 EST Paris