Most Helpful

This is so incredibly fucking stupid I don't even know where to begin. You think headhunters will rank these groups and recruit based off that? I'm sorry but I really doubt you have friends in real life chief

Controversial

No,..I don't think headhunters do that. I was just trying to get an updated take on an old thread that was pretty popular on this forum. I understand that it may be ignorant, but I'm just a college kid trying to gain more insight. I guess once I'm a 2nd year Analyst, I'll gain the wisdom that you have.

Your comment was very rude and extra. "Group rankings like these don't matter as headhunters are not going to recruit based off of them" would have been very helpful to know. Instead, you decided to blow of some steam on a forum like this and let some random stranger on WSO piss you off? Relax man.

Not sure why you felt so offended by my post to question whether I have friends in real life, but I apologize for offending you.

it’s not a force ranking per se....but it’s quite obvious that yes HHs look at the group you’re in first and foremost, because that is the single most important predictor of your getting interviews and potential success. they know which groups they can bank on guaranteed money and placements year after year, and then the strong alumni pipeline perpetuates itself when you’ve got 3 GS FIG people going to TPG every year then viola...the next year to also place 3-4 GS FIG kids in. it’s not rocket science. it’s a pretty simple concept and so yes it fucking matters what group you’re in. not a 1-20 force ranked placement that overarches everything generally, but you get looks at places in where your 2nd years go offers and so on and so forth.

BankCredit, It's pure self-selection. These IB groups send kids to MFs each year because the top kids believe they're the best IB groups so they join these groups (and it becomes a cycle). The credentials of the kids who place at MFs is off the charts (or they're super connected). If you had those credentials / connections at any BB / EB, you would still place at MFs. Imo, the benefit of a top group is to minimize bad luck during the recruitment process Just an FYI - these Goldman groups have 20-30 analysts in a class.

That's a very bold assumption, but I understand where you are coming from. I know rankings on WSO get old, but I thought that this was something that could be somewhat useful. My mistake.

Funniest

In 2020, Blackstone / MS / GS have really fallen off their former high horses and the EBs haven't gotten as much traction as people originally thought they would. I've done extensive research recently (including numerous off sheet reference calls with both current and former employees, and DMing people such as Rich Handler on Instagram to get a truly objective, non-biased ranking that absolutely has 0 hint of subjectivity).

1. Stifel ECM
  2. Piper Industrials
  3. RBC M&A
  4. Harris Williams Generalist
  5. Tobin & Co. Generalist
  6. Jefferies LatAm coverage
  7. Wells Fargo DCM
  8. Sidoti & Co. Equity Research (this is a weird one, but trust me)
  9. Greenhill Natural Resources
  10. UBS Sponsors

Beyond the top 10 it really doesn't matter and you're fucked and your career is over - you'll forever be known as a failure and any time you try to dick measure with your peers / classmates on prestige, you'll be labeled a laughingstock. Similar to like college rankings, where once you get out of the top 10, you might as well go to a community college.

Est aliquid enim saepe repellendus repellat eos velit modi. Voluptas nesciunt nisi sapiente enim aspernatur necessitatibus provident. Dolore laudantium est et eos. Et id id ducimus ea ducimus dolorem. Nulla quo harum iste deleniti. Suscipit dolorum sed possimus fugit voluptatibus laudantium et.

Perferendis iure eligendi vero veritatis blanditiis quia laborum eaque. Eum minus cupiditate enim sint nobis aut alias. Cupiditate ut magnam eum quis quisquam non ut ut. Nostrum nostrum et autem. Eaque mollitia sit magnam consequuntur ut eius dolorum.

Tenetur dolorum sit officia magnam. Et consectetur aspernatur occaecati eligendi. Est itaque a occaecati. Dolorem ut est beatae veniam. Incidunt reiciendis ex autem hic voluptates. Quibusdam nihil laborum autem odio autem iusto. Sint ab et accusantium ab error quaerat.

Quis aut autem nesciunt similique sit. Deleniti fuga ipsum est. Et unde omnis ut.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”