I'm having a tough time making a decision and would love to get your thoughts...
I have a year of banking experience and a few years of consulting experience.
I have an offer from topfirm and a pretty large long/short equity hedge fund (~2.5BN). The problem is that the hedge fund cannot afford to pay me a large salary right now because they are getting over their troubles from last year. The other problem is that my job security in the hedge fund is obviously much lower than the equity research position. The third problem is that the 'training' I would get at the equity research place would probably be more formalized and 'better' than what I would get at the hedge fund, which I guess I could leverage better for the long-run.
Any thoughts on this decision, if I eventually want to work in the hedge fund / mutual fund industry?
Would also like any thoughts about whether it is easier to get into another hedge from a hedge fund (in case the current fund goes under) and also which option would be better for business school.