You can just go to the WSO company database to get the actual data points. If you can't access it, Barclays has a median Analyst 1 Bonus of 30k putting it at the lowest of any BB besides DB/UBS (if you even count those two).

How did you find it? I went to Barclays and filtered salaries by analyst, IB, and NYC and the median was $55k. I have no idea where you got 30k. Even just looking at first year analyst the bonuses were way higher than 30k.

That being said, 90% of the user inputed info on WSO is wrong because people put random shit because they want to unlock other incorrect information that other people inputted for the same reason and should be rarely used.

Second database screenshot is slightly higher due to being skewed by inclusion of 2nd year analysts not just Analyst 1s.

The team here puts a lot of work in maintaining the database and making sure it's not just filled with spam. Not so sure about 90% of the salary data being wrong. Also I've heard these numbers on the street myself and they align likewise with other banks too.

I thought total all in pay was about $155k including bonus for the BBs at the worst of scenarios

Go ahead and ignore the other guy crying in here. He's an incoming SA at Barclays unfortunately and I was going to address all his bogus points but it's not worth my time seriously. It's pretty group dependent but for regular BBs (not including DB/UBS that are going through a shitstorm) you will have a median of ~140k all-in first year that assumes a 45k bonus. For EBs things can become very different especially per firm when you compare somewhere like Laz to PJT/CVP. The range here can be so wide and variable from just ~140k all-in like the BBs to clearing over 200k first-year (signing bounses, base, AND year-end bonuses are higher).

Most Helpful

You were going to address my points and then you realized I was right and your numbers were wrong. I have no idea how you would even address my points because the facts don't lie. I'm also not going to Barclays I just decided to check because your numbers were so off. Barclays isn't the lowest paying BB i'm pretty sure GS is known to be and UBS is the highest which makes sense cause people will still take Goldman and UBS needs incentive. Every other BB is in between. and the fact you're trying to hard to fudge numbers to make it look like you're right is just sad.

Sorry you got cut by Barclays but don't try to make shit up lmao.

This is just strong. I just checked it myself. So you when to Barclays salaries and clicked summary and then went down to analyst to get the 347 submissions. I have the exact numbers you have in your second screenshot. Those analyst salaries include S&T, operations, and half of the IB salaries say the bonus is $0. This is when the bonus is supposedly $35k when originally it was $30k so in your first post you somehow managed to get an even more wrong salary which I have no idea how because your second post as inaccurate as it gets.

So I have no idea how you think the team here maintains the database and can confidently say it. Half of the analyst salaries are spam. Whatever you "heard" on the street yourself is either wrong or you just made it up.

As a lesson, pretty much every BB pays the same and at max 5k different. You should never pick your bank between BBs based on pay.

This is just wrong. I just checked it myself. So you went to Barclays salaries and clicked summary and then went down to analyst to get the 347 submissions. I have the exact numbers you have in your second screenshot. Those analyst salaries include S&T, operations, and half of the IB salaries say the bonus is $0. This is when the bonus is supposedly $35k when originally it was $30k so in your first post you somehow managed to get an even more incorrect pay which I have no idea how because your second post as inaccurate as it gets because it includes everyone and not just IB.

I have no idea how you think the team here maintains the database and can confidently say it. Half of the analyst salaries are spam. You also, hopefully, can read and could have easily checked this yourself by scrolling down 1 inch and seeing how salaries for stuff like operations/S&T skews it incorrectly with so many bonuses for IB saying $0 that you wouldn't have made a post this dumb. Whatever you "heard" on the street yourself is either wrong or you just made it up.

As a lesson, pretty much every BB pays the same and at max 5k different. You should never pick your bank between BBs based on pay.

Reposted because for some reason I can't fix typos.

bonus buckets at most bb are pretty similar, from actual people on the street barclays pays around the same as other bb

checks to see who commented sees its intern thanks for giving us a bad rep, stop talking about what you don't know, I want to see answers like this from an actual analyst.

Do certain groups give higher bonus? if so, do you know which ones?

Are you sure this is correct for Barclays? Didn't they switch to calendar year post first year, or is this the stub paid July 31st?

Can an actual Barclays analyst/former analyst please comment on this. I'm very interested as I will be interning at Barclays in NY this summer. Through my research online it seems like Barclays pays lower than other BBs

Alias voluptas et reiciendis earum. Eius voluptatem ipsum praesentium. Fugiat nobis ab culpa voluptate dolor veniam.

Aperiam quas officia et qui ut voluptas quia. Enim non saepe quae deserunt et nihil aut. Dolores similique expedita dicta perferendis voluptas dolores repellendus.

Ipsum consequatur assumenda in omnis vero aliquam. Et sit cumque est ea necessitatibus id. Et quos maxime ut modi illum corporis. Ea corrupti aspernatur fugit quia impedit sed. Eos officia omnis sed explicabo dolorem tenetur ut.

Odio sit voluptatem labore et. Illum laudantium eligendi qui sapiente.

Provident sed minus impedit provident. In neque tempora deleniti illum sunt vel voluptatem. Doloremque reiciendis voluptatem ut tenetur officia possimus aut. Totam consequatur officia dicta ut consequuntur et repudiandae tempora.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”