California broker here. I am sure many other brokers here have been in similar situations so I'd appreciate any feedback or advice...
- I am the landlord rep at a building
- I have been working with a potential tenant for the space for a while
- I have provided the tenant a reasonable amount of guidance and information regarding the property and potential deal with the intent to have them lease the space
- One day, another broker contacted me stating that the potential tenant I have been working with is their client
- Now, there is a conflict about to represents who.
How would you handle this?
Who should rep the tenant?
If the tenant rep is the broker that just surfaced, are they entitled to a commission given the circumstances?